Which remote controlled trolley?

IainP270571

Visit site
Hello! I'm coming up to my 50th birthday and am looking to treat myself to a remote controlled trolley. I'm torn between the Stewart golf Q follow and the motocaddy M7 remote. Various reviews online aren't helping me decide. Has anyone got an opinion from using either of these trolleys or has another suggestion for consideration?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have an M7. I have had it since launch, and have had no issues with it at all.

It is big, and heavy, and takes up a lot of space in the boot, and the garage.

I like it. Those who dislike them have no idea how convenient they are, and by moaning, make themselves look stupid.
While using one you can multi task, using both hands at times (send the trolley on ahead, and catch up), fill in score cards, clean clubs, you can move it to the most convenient place, ready to move to the next hole, park it by the next tee, etc. When looking for balls, you can abandon it, and then fetch it without moving.
Once you have one, you realise how much time is wasted by those with standard electric trolleys and push trolleys, that the users of have no idea about. It is the nearest thing to carrying (I often carry too).

Things I don't like about the Stewart are mainly cost, the way they turn (they seem to scrabble, due to not having a pivot), and the remote looks very cheap, but isn't if you lose it.
Things I like about the Stewart, it seems to track better on a side slope, as there is no pivot.
The other thing is the M7 is easy to use as a standard electric trolley, so when in car parks etc, you don't need to use the remote. I am unsure how easy this is to do with the Stewart. The original Stewarts were quite fragile around the handle.

Last edited:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
A few things with remote trolley use, to keep it from annoying others.
Always keep them in front of you, minimum 10 yards away, and well away from any one else.
Never move them when anyone else is playing, about to play, green reading etc.
Keep them well away from bunkers. Bunkers are a magnet for remote trolleys.
Avoid crashing it (it is surprisingly easy), it makes you look a tit, and reinforces the belief that any one who has one is one.
If driving it around a green to the next tee, keep it 15 yards minimum, ideally 20 away from the green, and only move it when convenient for others.
Remember the remote works line of sight, so if you can't see the base of the trolley behind a mound, it won't get a signal, and you can neither steer it or stop it.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I have an S7 Remote which I bought "used" from Motocaddy. It looked brand new but it turned out that it wouldn't start & stop manually. I think that's why it was returned & that Motocaddy failed to find a fault & put it on their website as used. I got it repaired under warranty via a Motocaddy dealer & it has worked perfectly for 3 years.

Hint: I bought a spare remote control so that one is always plugged into the trolley's USB port charging while I'm using the other. This way, if the remote dies mid round, I have a replacement.

And don't take any notice of those who say a remote is a bad idea. I love mine, it's the next best thing to having a caddie. To walk down the fairway on a cold day with hands in pockets is a luxury. I also find it tiring to keep my hands on a manual trolley all of the time, the handle is never at the right height.

Go for it! You won't regret it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having played with MiB on many occasions I have to say I do not understand the dislike for remote control trolleys. He has trained his trolley beautifully, it stays out of the way, it is always waiting by the next tee box. He could round up sheep with it :LOL:. If anyone thinks they are a pain then blame the owner, not the trolley.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Having played with MiB on many occasions I have to say I do not understand the dislike for remote control trolleys. He has trained his trolley beautifully, it stays out of the way, it is always waiting by the next tee box. He could round up sheep with it :LOL:. If anyone thinks they are a pain then blame the owner, not the trolley.
You obviously weren't there when I ran myself over. ?

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the Stewart X9 Follow and had an X7 remote before. I can highly recommend them. The downside is they are quite heavy and bulky but I believe the Q Follow is quite compact but IMO doesn’t look as good but that’s just personal choice.
Once you have used one you will never look back.

D

Deleted member 21445

I have a Stewart X9 follow trolley..

The follow feature is very cool but trust me after a short amount of time you stop using the follow mode and just use the remote control.

You also can't really use the follow mode in a 4 ball because it snaps at the ankles of your playing partners when you walk off a tee together.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hello! I'm coming up to my 50th birthday and am looking to treat myself to a remote controlled trolley. I'm torn between the Stewart golf Q follow and the motocaddy M7 remote. Various reviews online aren't helping me decide. Has anyone got an opinion from using either of these trolleys or has another suggestion for consideration?

After all the funny stories I was told on Tuesday regarding these things, I'd give them a wide berth. Great afternoons discussion though.:D:D:D

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ave just bought a PP S7 ave given him £250 and promised him another £65 when a guy picks up my S3 in a couple of days. It has 2 x 36 hole Motocaddy lithium batteries with it. Ave given it a clean and it has its first lesson tomorrow with me. PP has bought a Stewart follow trolley.
The S 7 compared to the S 3 weighs a ton. Gonna be a fun day tomorrow. Think I may have to put spare batteries and tools in the bag ASAP.
As a side note, the S 3 is 10 yrs old In December it had been a fantastic buy from direct golf.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Hope you realise that you'll only get 18 holes out of the 36 hole battery because it's got two motors to drive. Mine packed in on the 18th at the Roxburghe. 6,900 yards was just too much for it.

yes Trev mentioned you need a 36 hole battery coz of the two motors. He bought a second battery coz he did two courses a day when he was in a society. Think I might need to have some spare battery and a screwdriver in case of emergencies ?