Which major Sporting event would you go back too

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

It was a question raised on Talksport

If you could pick a sporting event in your lifetime that you could go back and watch in the stadium which would it be

For me there are three events

1. The Rugby World Cup Final in 2003

2. The CL Final in 2005

3. Ryder Cup in 2012 at Medinah

The Dog.

Visit site
It was a question raised on Talksport

If you could pick a sporting event in your lifetime that you could go back and watch in the stadium which would it be

For me there are three events

1. The Rugby World Cup Final in 2003

2. The CL Final in 2005

3. Ryder Cup in 2012 at Medinah

Your number 1 is mine too. My son was born the next day and is called Jonny. ?

I’d also like to go back to The Open in 2009 and on the 18th, quietly sidle up to Tom Watson and whisper that even though it might look like an 8 iron, hit a 9 to account for the adrenaline.

I guess I’d also like to go back to Agusta and watch Seve win a green jacket.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
What a tough decision. "In your lifetime" gives me such a big choice. "In the stadium" rules out golf, then.
Don't feel the need to see 1966 world cup final again, although that was what came first to my mind.

1. I would love to see Anne Packer win the 800m 1964 Olympic gold. Her favoured event was the 400m, but she won silver in that one.
2. Dave Wottle winning the 800m 1972 Olympic gold.
3. And Bob Beamon in 1968 Olympic long jump.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
1, slightly cheating because the question states in your lifetime, but I'd love to have seen Don Bradman in the flesh. The MCG is iconic and he scored multiple hundreds there against England. Pick any one but wikipedia rates his 270 in 1937 so I'd take that one.

2, just. Brazil v Italy 1970 World Cup final. The vibrancy of the colours, the players on show, the goals ?

3, 1988 Seoul Olympics, mens hockey final. GB won, it was massive for all male hockey players and clubs at the time. I saw it with my team mates at our club, it would be great to have been there.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
1990 World Cup final
1984 Olympic opening ceremony (jet man)
Super bowl (the comeback one a couple of years ago)

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
England Rugby World Cup Final win
Tiger Woods US Open win at Pebble Beach 2000
The Ben Stokes Test match
The Watford v Leicester play-off semi, just the last 2 mins...

RichA

Visit site
2, just. Brazil v Italy 1970 World Cup final. The vibrancy of the colours, the players on show, the goals ?
No memory of it - I was a foetus, but great shout.
The Carlos Alberto goal and it's build up sum up the easy brilliance of Brazilian football which, as a kid, made me wish I was South American. One of my all time favourite goals.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Also an England home match...

1967 England vs Scotland Home International ... with Slim Jim (Baxter) playing keepie-uppie as part of a great Scotland team beating the World Champions on their own patch.

It might dispel some of the myths that has grown over the years if you watch it again?

England played with 10 men for most of the game as Jack Charlton was injured early in the game, it was a close game with England hitting the bar late on, as for Slime Jim doing keepie ups I could have done that as there was no one around him at the time just a bit of showboating ?

Also you failed to quilify out of the group ?

But you did beat the World Champions?