Which electric trolley to buy?

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Bought my GoKart in 2011 and still have it - serviced every couple of years or so and had the upgrade for the walking speed-control handle a few years ago. When I did that I also bought a new bag and decided to change the colour and they didn't charge me a penny for changing the inserts on the trolley to match it. Class company.

Not looking to change it any time soon.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bought my GoKart in 2011 and still have it - serviced every couple of years or so and had the upgrade for the walking speed-control handle a few years ago. When I did that I also bought a new bag and decided to change the colour and they didn't charge me a penny for changing the inserts on the trolley to match it. Class company.

Not looking to change it any time soon.
Out of interest, why does it need servicing every couple of years? What are you doing to it? I've had mine 5 years now, no issues, no service required.

sjw

Visit site
I have a Ben Sayers electric trolley and my only gripes are regarding folding up - I wish it went a little smaller, and I wish you didn't have to take the battery out to fold it.

Otherwise, it's great.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Out of interest, why does it need servicing every couple of years? What are you doing to it? I've had mine 5 years now, no issues, no service required.
Well, at first I did it every couple of years because of the warranty thing. Since then I've come to realise that they just sort it out for you anyway, so I haven't sent it back so often in recent times. It wasn't pulling as well as normal a few years ago (3?), so I sent it back to check it all out within the service.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Go Karts don't feel quite as robust but they seem to work and fold down smaller.
Interesting statement.
My wife has a mk1 GoKart and it's been very good, but I'd say the most irritating thing about it is that it DOESN'T fold up well.
When folded it's a really inconvenient shape that occupies far too much space in a car boot.

Have to say though that GoKart's customer service is second to none, so that's another plus for them.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Interesting statement.
My wife has a mk1 GoKart and it's been very good, but I'd say the most irritating thing about it is that it DOESN'T fold up well.
When folded it's a really inconvenient shape that occupies far too much space in a car boot.

Have to say though that GoKart's customer service is second to none, so that's another plus for them.
The new ones are much better, apparently. Still not as small as the CT6, but much improved.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Interesting statement.

My wife's is the Mk 2 definitely smaller than my Hill Billy even if not tiny.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The Go-kart folds up fairly small, it's the axle that makes it awkward.
It's quite wide.
I have a Moto M3 and, like the CT6, it has inverted wheels meaning the axle can be narrower.
Once you've re-inverted the wheels there's a decent width to provide stability.
All depends on the shape of your boot but when I had a Mk2 it had to be carefully placed to leave room for the bag.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
The Go-kart folds up fairly small, it's the axle that makes it awkward.
It's quite wide.

I have a Moto M3 and, like the CT6, it has inverted wheels meaning the axle can be narrower.
Once you've re-inverted the wheels there's a decent width to provide stability.
All depends on the shape of your boot but when I had a Mk2 it had to be carefully placed to leave room for the bag.
My wife's Mk1 GoKart when folded is not only wide (due to the axle), it's also quite long. Basically a sort of cross shape that claims a lot of real estate.

My Powakaddy C2 folds up small and can then be stood upright in the boot, leaving plenty of room for the bag and other bits and bobs. That said, folding up small (and with minimal fuss) is about the only positive thing about the C2. In most other respects it's a dreadful design.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mk 1- Bought - 2014 - was still going strong so sold for £180 then got the Mk2 - Bought Feb 2020 both with lithium batteries. A trolley with no frills but a very solid performance & equally solid backup if needed.