Which electric trolley to buy?

perton

Visit site
Motocaddy, Powakaddy, Hill Billy, others?
I have an ancient Hill Billy
Bewildered the different brands/models ...
You don’t need the widgets, but practical features that make sense are OK.
I would appreciate your views ...
Thank

RichA

Visit site
Stock reply on here is GoKart. I have the mk1, solid, basic but highly reliable. The mk2 is a better design, folding up, folding down. The are not sexy but they do the job and the pricing is good.
Mine is, but I look good in socks and sandals.
My Go Kart is often admired, but the car park at our place is more pickups and vans than Porsches and Range Rovers.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
By a trolley for your needs not for the bells and whistles.

Typically
- Cheapest
- Most compact to get in car boot
- Money no object Stewart golf trolley that follows you

You can get decent free GPS on your phone so don’t be sucked into paying £100s more for that function.

cunnini

Visit site
or scour eBay (or similar) - bought my Motocaddy M3 second hand, with winter wheels as well as summer wheels, great saving on new. Asked seller questions before purchasing and very pleased with the outcome

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
By a trolley for your needs not for the bells and whistles.

Typically
- Cheapest
- Most compact to get in car boot
- Money no object Stewart golf trolley that follows you

You can get decent free GPS on your phone so don’t be sucked into paying £100s more for that function.
All good comments. Like @Lord Tyrion , I still have my Mk.1 GoKart and see no reason to change it. It has an on-off switch and a roller that makes it go gaster and slower. I need nothing else. For me, the rest is just frippery and complexity to go wrong. The Mk.2 GoKart is an improvement on the Mk.1 so I'd recommend that.
But my other bit of advice is don't just go for the big names. There are other good brands out there as well. Golfstream is another one that gets good reviews.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don't think they make Hill Billy any more
Go Karts don't feel quite as robust but they seem to work and fold down smaller.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
At current prices, anything second hand refurbed from someone or somewhere you trust!!

My ex pro buddy is usually very good at sourcing these. He got me a reconditioned Powakaddy FW7 GPS for miles under the price of new. Still going well after 3 years on same battery

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Go kart for me. Good company if anything goes wrong or wears out and if you send it back for a service you get a whole new warranty

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Go kart for me. Good company if anything goes wrong or wears out and if you send it back for a service you get a whole new warranty
I don’t know why others don’t offer this on entry level trolleys as there is very little that can go wrong with them.

D

Deleted member 15344

Don’t think you can go wrong with a basic Motocaddy model - either the M1 or S1 , nice and simple

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I loved my gokart (early model), and found the battery a little large and cumbersome. However, the new model has changed that for the better.
i changed mine for a PowaKaddy CT6 only because that folds down smaller and allows me to fit it, plus a full size bag without removing the woods, plus shoe bag and room to spare in the boot of the A5 coupe. With no need to fold the seats, nothing is ever on display and that was really important to me when choosing the trolley.
Only downside with the CT6 is the handle is ever so slightly low even when raised fully. It's okay for me, but if I was 6 foot or more, it might be too low.

TigerTime

Visit site
I recently bought a new push trolley but I am looking for an electric one instead. I hired one during a round and the difference it made from an energy perspective was quite noticeable.

In terms of features - not bothered about GPS but I guess a map of the hole could be useful, again no really necessary with phones and watches etc.

- Ideally 36 hole battery minimum as I often play two rounds in one day
- Some sort of control uphill/downhill and speed
- Storage space near the handle in either a bag or pouch
- Umbrella holder/drinks holder

Don't really need anything else. Not fussy about foldability or anything. Open to ideas.