Which course Norfolk/ Lincs

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I’ll get onto it next week. I’m in Milan until Sunday.

10th May is the date. Just checked and there are no club comps on that day.

Last edited:

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Worth considering a slight detour and playing either Hunstanton or Royal West Norfolk (Brancaster).

Both very close to Kings Lynn, both are cracking links courses and in the Top 100 UK course lists. I'd slightly favour Hunstanton, but they are both great.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I’ll get onto it next week. I’m in Milan until Sunday.

10th May is the date. Just checked and there are no club comps on that day.

Cheers me man, deffo looking to play on Thursday 10th May about 12.30 ish if possible.
Re Milan, ave had some brilliant times in Milan. Last we were there we ended up at Milan canals ( Navigli canals ) we had a brilliant night out there.
If there's anyone on here that wants to make a day of it, Smart.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Worth considering a slight detour and playing either Hunstanton or Royal West Norfolk (Brancaster).

Both very close to Kings Lynn, both are cracking links courses and in the Top 100 UK course lists. I'd slightly favour Hunstanton, but they are both great.

TAW, we played Hunstanton last year and much preffered Sheringham even though it's nigh on an hours drive. Looked at Brancaster but you cannot play a four ball there so kicked it in the head.

Captainron

Visit site
Cheers me man, deffo looking to play on Thursday 10th May about 12.30 ish if possible.
Re Milan, ave had some brilliant times in Milan. Last we were there we ended up at Milan canals ( Navigli canals ) we had a brilliant night out there.
If there's anyone on here that wants to make a day of it, Smart.

Im out here for some work but the wife is flying in for the weekend. Will have a look as staying really central over the weekend. Work meeting were at Le Robinie Golf Centre and I was lookign longingly out of the doors on Wednesday when the weather was good. Sadly no golf time for me on this trip

Tashyboy

Visit site
That'll be a Thursday then, nothing in the work diary at the moment, if it's a goer then I'm hopeful. :D

Am not one for jobbing people, especially when work and home life get in the way, especially when am retired. But if folk are interested stick a few names down and al liase with mah main man Captain Ron and will see what we can do.👍

Dave1963

Hacker
Visit site
friend of mines son works at a Michelin star restaurant near Sherringham, says its the bee's
Galdon Blackistone's Morsten Hall I guess - if so, fantastic food and wine there, done it twice when feeling rich enough. Another vote too for Sheringham if you end up near there, just don't hook it into the steam train that runs right by!

Tashyboy

Visit site
Played Cromer?

Ave a strong feeling that will be next years to do hopefully with Woodhall. When we played Sheringham the weather was fantastic. Not a breath of wind. Would imagine Cromer and Sheringham could be brutal when there's a bit of air blowing.

Called in at Brancaster last year to have a look. It was blowing a gale.Thought it would be closed. Next thing four guys walked around the corner having finished there round. They were dressed to go hill walking. I never got outta the car.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ave a strong feeling that will be next years to do hopefully with Woodhall. When we played Sheringham the weather was fantastic. Not a breath of wind. Would imagine Cromer and Sheringham could be brutal when there's a bit of air blowing.

Called in at Brancaster last year to have a look. It was blowing a gale.Thought it would be closed. Next thing four guys walked around the corner having finished there round. They were dressed to go hill walking. I never got outta the car.

I personally like Cromer better than Sherringham however there is very little in it and many disagree.

Have played Sherringham in a howling gale, was hard work. Never managed it in a glorious summer day. Cromer I have played in the most lovely weather and windy. Lovely course.

Never got on Brancaster but been to the beach a few times, always full of kite surfers. Hopefully get there this year.

I loved Hunstanton, for me the pick of the three I have played, when i played there it was a lovely summer day and there was a Spitfire flying round. My PP prefered Cromer.

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
Enjoyed Spalding when I played it.
Good course to plot your way round as I recall, not so much a bombers track.

Best option for a return journey down the A17.

Captainron

Visit site
Right. Popped into the club to get a booking only to be told the old farts from Lincs are playing the old farts from northants at Spalding but it’s not showing on the online diary.

We can go off from 2.15 onwards. What are your thoughts guys?

Tashyboy

Visit site
Right. Popped into the club to get a booking only to be told the old farts from Lincs are playing the old farts from northants at Spalding but it’s not showing on the online diary.

Ron I will speak to the boys to tomorrow, is there any chance of going out before them. 👍

Captainron

Visit site
Ron I will speak to the boys to tomorrow, is there any chance of going out before them. 👍

None whatsoever. It's a county match apparently which had been booked in November but wasn't showing on the club online diary which I checked on Saturday.

If that date falls on its backside I will still look to get a meet arranged.

Cameron

Tashyboy

Visit site
None whatsoever. It's a county match apparently which had been booked in November but wasn't showing on the club online diary which I checked on Saturday.

If that date falls on its backside I will still look to get a meet arranged.

Cameron
Cheers Cameron me man, al have a good matter with them tomorrow. If we get on we will be off around 6 pm ish and back home 8 ish. They may want to get playing somewhere earlier. Al let you know hopefully tomorrow Cameron and cheers.

Tashyboy

Visit site

Cameron, ave had a natter with the lads re playing at 2.15 and they reckon it gonna leave it a bit late, plus a bit of hanging around in the early afternoon. So we're gonna have to give it a miss this year. Many thanks for your time and hopefully next year we will be able to sort summat.