Where to bend a wedge in Surrey?

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would like to bend my Callaway MD3 wedge from 48 to 50 degree. My club (Hoebridge) won't do it, neither will my local American Golf (Camberley) or the custom studio at Windlesham.

Any ideas where would do it?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A sad sign of the times but a loft and lie adjuster is no longer to be found in most Pro shop's.
I guess as these days most clubs are ordered direct from the manufacturer with angles from fitting already done.
I wonder if it's still a part of PGA training to be able to adjust a club?

My club didn't have one either but I found one at nearby Lutterworth GC, not sure if it would be free to members but I had to pay to for a lie adjustment on my mashie.

MikeB

Club Champion
Visit site
It's a bit further but Golf Principles in Basingstoke would do it. Don't forget what effect the adjustment will have on the bounce.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Worth remembering that if you add 2 degrees to the loft you will also add 2 degrees to the bounce angle.

So if you like it because you like the sole grind, this will alter.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would like to bend my Callaway MD3 wedge from 48 to 50 degree. My club (Hoebridge) won't do it, neither will my local American Golf (Camberley) or the custom studio at Windlesham.

Any ideas where would do it?

I thought Chris at Hoebridge used to do a club MOT, have they stopped. The other guy was Laurence Pawley who left Hoebridge and set up Golf DNA in Wimbledon.. I did my MOT with him a few years ago- not sure if he is still doing it.