Where should I play in Manchester?

seagull

Visit site
Evening all

I've posted once before; recently got my dad's old clubs and I want to get into the game.

Just got an email through American Golf for a free round of golf! Problem is I haven't played a full 18 yet - but I don't want to waste a good excuse to get on with it and play properly.

So, any recommendations for friendly courses in Greater Manchester who would be friendly with awful beginners? I don't want to embarrass myself at the end of the day!

Cheers

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah played Boysnope the other day and it's a decent little course. Wide open but with some interesting holes. Good for beginners.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Heaton Park is a great municipal course but isn't really beginner friendly. The problem is that you would be off playing a pay and play course. Boysnope is only a mile or so off the M60 so pretty easy to get to.

mteam

Assistant Pro
Visit site
marland at springfield park Rochdale

castle hawk has a par 3 course and a 9 hole course also in Rochdale

both should be ok for beginners

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your spoiled for choice really.... Flixton, davyhulme or boysnope are good options... Altrincham muni used to be hood. Not played it for ages though....

Dannyj1984

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played at disley for my first course and it was quite an easy course. Its maybe a little far from north manchester but it it is regularly on golfnow for only a 10er a round which is nice and cheap. I play at hazel grove and I am relatively new to golf and dont find it too difficult :)

If you ever want a round somewhere gimme a shout, I know what it's likebeing new so wont judge ;)

Danny