When is a shank, not a shank... or is it always a shank?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I know you that shot, one of my playing partners did it on his very first shot in Barcelona a few weeks ago with his driver and the ball hit me just above the ankle. Some weeks later I can still feel the bruising!

Well Chris, obviously your own fault mate!

#HNSP

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The drill I was shown to cure the unmentionables was to place a none damaging object, such as a head cover, a plastic range bucket, a cardboard shoe box, or another ball, just outside the line, and try to hit the ball without touching the object.

That's my check. Pro placed a line of tees going back just outside the line with first only a couple of inches from the ball - my challenge was to take the club away without hitting that tee

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Go back to see the guy you had a lesson with, ask him to have a quick look (he should be willing to do that as you've already had a lesson with him) Chances are he will spot the issue straight away, we are just guessing at the issue with 'facts' that may or may not be correct.

I have spoken to the pro and he gave me the basket drill, which I will try next time I'm on the range (this weekend). I was more asking if the face being too open at impact could cause the same symptoms as a shank, i.e. a 45' angled straight shot, but it seems that is not the case so I was actually shanking them. Hopefully the drill suggested will sort me out (and the "not thinking about shanking")