When do you think you will next play golf?

Mandofred

Visit site
Didn't manage to quote both posts, but in the interest of debate...
Weren't restrictions eased around mid May, and cases didn't pick up to similar levels until around mid September?
Suggests it's a tad more nuanced perhaps.
I'm not talking about the timing....just the simple theory that if you have a virus in the population......and then you relax restrictions......the virus will then increase in the population.

At some point.....restrictions have to be relaxed. When? No idea.....but you can't keep things locked down forever. Businesses close.....people go nuts, etc etc. The Govt needs to pull in money and you can't do that if business isn't functioning. Right now the Govt is haemorrhaging money......paying for things it doesn't have money to do. Just like a person with an out of control credit card addiction..... you have to get the addiction under control or explode.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Should have been playing Gullane Nr 1 this morning but the arrival of snow has put paid to that. Hope it's all gone by Saturday for my game with Mrs G.
When I'm on works calls with people down South recently nearly every conversation has opened with them saying ' You'll have plenty snow' - In nearly 16 years in Monifieth we've had no more than ten days total where snow has fallen and lain on the course for more than a few hours and four of those days were in a row about 12/13 years ago

AliMc

Visit site
Should have been playing Gullane Nr 1 this morning but the arrival of snow has put paid to that. Hope it's all gone by Saturday for my game with Mrs G.
Same with me at Dunbar but snowed off as well, if it's not gone by tomorrow it will be by Saturday, due to be playing again on Sunday

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Given the rain of the last few days I doubt we'd be playing today - and even though we'll drain well, the playing pressure on the course would inevitably damage fairways - and so I am accepting that we are closed and could be for some time.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I am happy the course is shut. It was borderline playable on the day Boris locked us down and we've had plenty of rain since. I am hoping the green staff are working hard (bunkers are still a problem) and looking forward to a day we get back, with warmer weather and former conditions. I've heard a couple of dates around mid-March so at lease 6 weeks yet. Frustrating yes but still so necessary

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Everybody else still looking out the window each day to try and assess level of water and how soft the course would currently be despite it having no impact whatsoever as we won't be playing for at least a month! (*Disclaimer that note relates to courses in England and this post is in no way trying to exclude other home nations :))

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Everybody else still looking out the window each day to try and assess level of water and how soft the course would currently be despite it having no impact whatsoever as we won't be playing for at least a month! (*Disclaimer that note relates to courses in England and this post is in no way trying to exclude other home nations :))
Kind of but the reverse - i.e. "weather is pretty decent today, would have been lovely to get a round in". :cry:

D

Deleted member 15344

From the mumbling in the press yesterday re easing lock down, we will be lucky to get a game before May.
Was that not more down a medical experts suggesting that pubs/restaurants shouldn’t be open until May as opposed to restrictions not easing until then

The government won’t be able to afford to keep people locked down until May - thats 4 months lockdown , that’s just not going to happen even more so when vaccines are happening