What's your most lofted wedge?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

As a counter point to Mark's thread about people's longest iron, what's everyone's most lofted wedge?

Mine is a 58, as I can use it as both a sand wedge and lob wedge. I've never liked trying to hit a 60 out of a bunker, and it's easier to open a 58 than a 56 for parachute shots etc
I carry the PW from my set (Mizzy MP20 MMC), plus 50, 54 & 58 Vokeys

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Atm 60 Phil Mickelson Callaway.
It’s a hard club to get right and some bad shots are inevitable.
I am going to 50/54/58 when my wedges arrive next week.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Now got a 58* Cleveland Zipcore (along with matching 54*). I did have a 60* lob wedge but was scared to use it most of the time as it was really easy to knife through the green! The clevelands are great clubs, loads of confidence to through they up close to the flag and really good stopping power - even for a hacker like me :)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At the moment 54.

Sometimes I switch out the 54 for a 56 depending on the state of the bunkers.

Before they changed the sand in our bunkers my most lofted was 52 for many years.

D

Deleted member 1147

56 I think.
When I look back to my childhood I was a wonder with a sand wedge, which I assume was a 56, it came with my set of Howson Derby irons (which some may remember).
I could open the face in the middle of the fairway and hit brilliant shots, but age seems to have dulled the confidence (and I'm only 41 :eek:)

D

Deleted member 3432

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60 low bounce, terrific off the hard pan around the links at present when the ground route is not an option.

peld

Visit site
now its a 58.
In my old irons, the GW was 48, so played 52,56,60 Vokeys (in hindsight playing a game improvement set of irons when bladed vokeys was silly!)
My new irons the GW is 50, so just now play a 54 & 58

D

Deleted member 3432

When I look back to my childhood I was a wonder with a sand wedge, which I assume was a 56, it came with my set of Howson Derby irons (which some may remember).
I could open the face in the middle of the fairway and hit brilliant shots, but age seems to have dulled the confidence (and I'm only 41 :eek:)

Give it another 10 years of scar tissue and the confidence will be dulled further....:eek:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Of those I've measured, a couple of sand wedges come in at 58 degrees.
Slazenger Plus International (1972)
Slazenger Australian Blade forerunner? (1978?)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
58* Ping Glide 3.

I do have a couple of 60* Clevelands in the garage from a previous life. I've also got a random 64* with 4* bounce that I inherited from somewhere. Great for hitting trick shots in the garden, pointless on a golf course.

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
I have a 64 degree vantage wedge, a good 15yrs old and as a returning golfer trying to get back into the game......I can't use it! I stick to my PW and SW which I think are more standard lofts. To be honest I feel more comfortable doing bump and runs at the minute so I only go lofted if I have to (e.g. bunker), otherwise I'm trying to take loft off around the green. Not sure if thats the right approach or not

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
58 at moment but will be changing to 56 in next couple weeks.

At moment I've the set pw at 46
And also carry 52 & 58
But going to change those to 50, 56

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Vokey sm5 k grind 60

Nearly irreplaceable in the bag. The newer vokey k grinds have more bounce. There is 11 on the sm5 and seems to work perfect for me.
Full shots from the fairway no problem. Weapon from the rough. Links turf no issues.

Reactions: Val

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
60° Callaway PM Grind to go with my 50° and 56° Cleveland RTX 2.0 CB. I used it quite a lot last weekend both in the bunker and off the fairway, and it was great for getting the ball nice and high to stop the ball running too far on the hard greens.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
A 58 degree cleveland.

My 54 is my go to around the greens though although I have found myself using the 58 a little more recently to try and get a softer landing on the firmer greens.