What's your greatest ever achievement in golf?

frasting

Club Champion
Visit site
Ok, ladies and gents. Leave your modesty at the login page, and boast away. I'm sure we all have a tale to tell, so what is your greatest ever achievement in golf?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
frasting......was'nt boasting.Just made a pigs ear of replying to Sam!
As we all Know holes in one are just luck,aren't they?
I mean club selection,perfect strike,allowing for the breeze,hitting the right part of the green to allow for the roll etc,etc have nothing to do with the ball going in .........or does it!!!!"£$???

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think mine is going back quite a few years and whilst playing for my previous club I managed to beat a decent player from my current club round what is now my current course in a regional club matchplay competition. Despite winning with a 6 at the last (short par 4) it has to be the most embarrassing hole Ive played in front of a crowd as it really wasnt a difficult hole bar the many bunkers.
The plus side was that it got our team through to the next round which, for a small club with 50 Saturday comp regulars and 130 membership was a hell of a scalp to take.

mono217

Journeyman Pro
i707.photobucket.com
In a play off until we got to the fifth hole and the other lad hit it and stuck it to about 6 foot and i got a whole in 1 and my mates through me in hte lake gd times :cool:

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having not played the game long I would have to say that scoring an 82 on the PGA national at the belfry (Today) is probably my best acheivement. Would you beleive my card had a 7 and a few 6's too.

Co-incidently 82 is my best ever round. What better place to score it.

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Being named Junior Captain after only 4 months at the club, I was so very proud of myself.

(Greatest achivement so far :D)

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I played my best golf for a few years, I think my best achievements were playing a full round or 9 holes with 5 pros over those years (off scratch in a friendly) breaking even with 3 of them,beating the 4th and beaten by one stroke by the other. As a friendly they may have coasted (but the scoring was hot!)or they may have gone for it, either way I played cracking golf against very competent golfers. ;)

My other achievement is restaraint in not hitting some people I have met along the way in golf. :D

DCB

Visit site
We have a competition called The Aggregate Shield. It takes into account your two best nett Medal scores and your two best nett scores from two out of three Meetings. At the end of the season the winner has the best nett score for the four counting rounds. I won the Aggregate Shield with -13 (nett) for my four rounds. I played really well all season and managed to put together four good counting rounds. To me that is my greatest achievement. It was a season long performance that did it for me.

Now if only I could replicate that kind of form again....

We can but dream.

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Without a doubt, my 74, 2 over gross. round at Greetham Valley on our boys weekend away.

One of those days where it all seemed soooooo easy......

mikeyh

Club Champion
Visit site
Breaking 70 for the first time! Shot a 1 over 69 gross in the summer. My best ever.

Worst thing, stood on the 16th par 3 in the same round 3 under par gross!!!!

DCB

Visit site
HTL,

We all started somewhere and have all gone through it ourselves. I can still remember the first sub 100 round as a teenager. You then set the goal of getting <95 then <90 it takes time, but as we get to know how to get the ball round the course it becomes a bit easier.

Note I didn't say we get to know how to play the game, cause when you think that, the game comes roaring back to bite your bum !

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
All in 2008, being club senior champion, winning for the third time in 25 years the summer match play foursomes, shooting a scratch 73 in the first comp at my new club, shooting 71 scratch at a course I’ve not played for around 20 years and after the local pro jokingly said I played a pitch and putt course......that sorted him.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Officially it was being the 1999 Strathclyde Open Champion (£100 prize money paid the phone bill) after an 81 off 16. I was on the committee and only turned up to play with a visitor who did have a marker. I still have the Titleist Professional 90 I used.

Unofficial it was the 2007 Wee Joe Mo.

Frasting, double bubble next week big fella.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi all and happy new year!!!

I went on a stag weekend for a pro from Wentworth in 2001.
Travelled to Liverpool on Thursday played Hoylake on the Friday and won,no biggy there but I beat them all gross!
Shot 74 off 8hcp beating said pal,the now head pro at West Hill,a Southern Open champ,a Surrey Assistants champ,a former rookie of the year on Tour (and one time Faldo coach),a Surrey Amateur Champ,etc.
As someone once said "even a blind squirrel can find a nut"