What's your greatest ever achievement in golf?

pierreman

Club Champion
Visit site
Yep Marco, see what you mean - it didn't go down well either 4 months later with a 48, thankfully the person in second got 46, so it didnt look so bad. trying to get some consistency now because although it was nice, its the handicap that really matters to me. Target for this year - the teens! fingers crossed and hopefully Dr Bob can help sort it!

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
best achievement for my so far was 2nd place in Alyth Open last year. Its a course I've traditionally struggled to score well on but 3 over which included a silly double bogey on the 15th eventually saw me beat my handicap on the course.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
50 points in a stableford. Playing off 28 at the time, first time I think I broke 90!

Damn.... and I though my 49pts was good.

Mine very similar acievements - also played off 28 and the first time I broke 90 - at Longniddry & went round in 13 under H/C. Handicap has come down since but never matched the score again.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Winning the cup for the best Eclectic Medal Round 3 years running in the 90's. Plus shooting 69 round our par 71 Course.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I was in my early 20's I won the Nairn Dunbar 4 Day Open, the high handicap section, playing off 13.

2 rounds of strokeplay to qualify followed by 4 rounds of matchplay and the final was recorded on video. I won 6 & 5 in the final as I was only 4 over par at the time. I thought I could never match the felling of nervousness I experienced as there was a decent sized crowd following us round, including my dad.

The following year I won the same event, this time the low handicap section, playing off 10, and won 5 & 4 in the final. For that short year I felt like a golfer and even got into the club team (for one match until I was found wanting!) Ahh, halcion days. Never to be repeated.

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
last year I was away for 3 days playing golf with the guys from work, I never had more than 5 on any hole, by way I won the the comp that day, for some reason I always end up with least one 6 on the card these day maybe thats why Iam playing of 14 ??????

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
When I was a member at Crowborough, my mate Bob Eagle and myself entered a fourball knockout competition and got through to the final. In the semi, we were playing two up and coming young lads who both played off 5. Bloody good golfers they were. We had a right old ding dong match, swinging one way and then the other. We finished the 18 holes all square and proceeded to play sudden death. The first four extra holes were halved, got to the 5th (Cardiac hill) which is a hole I never played particularly well. The two lads we were playing against both hit similar drives, which left them (they thought) wedges into the green. First lad played, came up just short of the green, second lad stuck with the same club and he too came up short. I collared a nine iron and put it to within 4 or 5 inches of the hole and we won it with a birdie. A great match (shame we lost 2&1 in the final!). I had another singles match arranged for the same afternoon and had to dash from the 5th green all the way back to the clubhouse where my opponent was patiently waiting on the first tee. I didn't think the first match would have gone the way it did, so in my plans had allowed an hour for lunch. I had to go straight off again and managed to win the second match 3&2. A great days golf but I was bloody knackered.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because it was recorded 20 years ago Tony..... probably on Betamax! I still remember the video camera being the size of a small planet. I do wish I had the video, though. I still had hair. :p

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Holing a snaky 15 footer for birdie on the 3rd play off hole to clinch our Club Championship 3 years ago.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Coming from 6 shots back on the last day of a lads tour to win. I'd been completely discounted by the rest and played some superb and consistent golf. Never give up!

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played one day in winter league with a +2 player (me 25hcp) really cacking my self, Played like a deamon and carded 35 points for 12 holes. 6 over gross with 2 lip out puts and an OOB.

This made me jump from 18th to 2nd on the winter league only 1 point behind the winner. But it also showed me tht I have a good golfer lurking inside me somewhere.

Beaker

Assistant Pro
www.bedalegolfclub.com
Has to be winning my first golfing trip when we went to Florida last year. Was told that if you shot 33 points you would be in with a chance of winning and had 36 points round Magnolia (Where they play the Disney Classic) and 40 points round Orange County National (Where every other year they play the PGA Tour Q school finals). Won by 18 shots, was the best golf i've ever played!

pigmeister

Assistant Pro
johnogauntgolfclub.co.uk
Shot 71 gross off the white blocks at Hollingwell on an away day with some mates, playing off 6. Had 39pts at Woodhall playing off 5, 7/8ths h`cap. Can`t compete with some of the scores on here, but at those two course and off 6 h`cap am pretty damn proud.