What's on your list

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!
www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk
18 sleeps till Christmas!! It's that time of year when you go a bit silly and ask for stuff that you might be a little bit hesitant to spend money on yourself.....so what's everyone asking for?

I only know about one of my pressies which is a pair of Royal & Awesome trousers from my old dear.
Everyone else who's asked me I've simply asked for an XL polo shirt, colour of their choice but did stipulate to the in laws that they had to get me a Puma Blue shirt. Secretly hoping someone has got me a Lime Green shirt.

I mentioned to the wife the other day that I had some awesome gifts for her this year, which I do, so she's now sweating on what to get me....I did drop a massive hint that I needed a windshirt and that Galvin Green comes with a lifetime guarantee....whether or not she got the blatant hint though, we'll have to wait and see.

If someone buys me some gimmicky golf gift like "Potty Putting" again this year then I'm throwing it back at them. I'd rather they just didn't bother....however ungrateful that may sound.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Being totally mercenary this year and asking for cold, hard cash.
That way I can put it all to what I want.
Getting fed up with producing a "Christmas List" with stuff on it purely as I need to produce a Christmas List.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
The missis has paid for my new grips, tape and rubber clamp, but that's about it.

I've asked for money off everyone else and then I'll look what's about when I know how much I have.

Probably look at a few dozen balls to see me through next season, but other than that, not a lot.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nowt but I am due the usual balls, tees and underwear.

I am forking out on a nice holiday in Tenerife for my wife and I. Two weeks of her lazing around reading while I play golf... So not much different to our time in the UK then :D

I am happy with my bag but will probably treat myself to a loft and lie check when I join a club in a week.

A

Alex1975

Lessons.... Lots of them. I am on the cusp of moving to the next level and I want to push forward to it.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love Crimbo , love giving pressies .. do not like recieving them , hate people i know spending hard earned dosh on stuff i dont need , HID has a surprise for me she says .. geting it christmas morning but i need feb 14th (i know) off .. straaaaange r what

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
Love Crimbo , love giving pressies .. do not like recieving them , hate people i know spending hard earned dosh on stuff i dont need , HID has a surprise for me she says .. geting it christmas morning but i need feb 14th (i know) off .. straaaaange r what

I'm terrible and still very kid like when it comes to Christmas, I thought I was growing up and beginning to become a little less bothered about it all but then I had kids and I'm even worse now....can't sleep the night before, up at the crack of dawn with the kids bugging the wife to go downstairs and open presents. Love seeing the look on the kids faces when they open up their presents, and always hopeful that the wife has surprised me with a really good gift, although let down every year as she is next to useless at buying decent presents.

Last year, she made me buy my Christmas present, the Ping Wolverine Putter, I went out to AG about 4 weeks before Christmas, bought it and gave it to her as I wasn't allowed it till Christmas day.....expecting her to then wrap it and hide it. It sat in the hallway till Christmas eve when she finally decided to wrap it. The worst thing about it was that I was injured at the time and wasn't allowed to play golf, nor was there any sign of being allowed out to play as I was still waiting for my first Physio session, so every time I walked through the front door, there it was, reminding me that I couldn't play golf, it wasn't yet Christmas, and that my wife is useless at this time of year.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm terrible and still very kid like when it comes to Christmas, I thought I was growing up and beginning to become a little less bothered about it all but then I had kids and I'm even worse now....can't sleep the night before, up at the crack of dawn with the kids bugging the wife to go downstairs and open presents. Love seeing the look on the kids faces when they open up their presents, and always hopeful that the wife has surprised me with a really good gift, although let down every year as she is next to useless at buying decent presents.

Last year, she made me buy my Christmas present, the Ping Wolverine Putter, I went out to AG about 4 weeks before Christmas, bought it and gave it to her as I wasn't allowed it till Christmas day.....expecting her to then wrap it and hide it. It sat in the hallway till Christmas eve when she finally decided to wrap it. The worst thing about it was that I was injured at the time and wasn't allowed to play golf, nor was there any sign of being allowed out to play as I was still waiting for my first Physio session, so every time I walked through the front door, there it was, reminding me that I couldn't play golf, it wasn't yet Christmas, and that my wife is useless at this time of year.

I cant wait for the kids to get up either , i start making noise around 6 , in the hope they wake up ha

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
I cant wait for the kids to get up either , i start making noise around 6 , in the hope they wake up ha
Up till now the youngest (now 2) hasn't really had a clue what's going on, hoping this year he'll have some idea though. The eldest (4) is absolutely buzzing about it....he's doing his advent calendar, counting how many sleeps, and is making sure 90% of the time that he's on his best behaviour for Santa. Really going to struggle getting him to sleep on Christmas eve.

Last year we were up and ready to go by about 6am.......my wife then insisted on having a shower and "getting ready" before we went downstairs, at which point we took a vote......within 30 seconds we were tearing off wrapping paper and playing with toys! LOVE IT!

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Christmas list, what are you 7?;)

You have to make a Christmas Hacker, make sure you get what you would like. If someone is going to buy me a box of balls then please let it be the ones I want. Not that I am ungrateful, but opening a box of pinnacle bricks is not great. It is not getting the balls which is horrible, but trying to make out that you will use them so you don't look grateful is the hard part.

I have not made a list this year, but gone through the Direct Golf catalogue with a marker pen circling anything I would like. Seems to have worked as the girlfriend keeps showing it to people......:thup:

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
there it was, reminding me that I couldn't play golf, it wasn't yet Christmas, and that my wife is useless at this time of year.

Ha ha ha, I read this with music in the background "The little boy that Santa Claus forgot".

I can empathise chap, my wife is probably the worst present buyer ever, I couldn't even begin to tell the horrors.

She's cute though. You can't have it all ;)

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have asked the family for some loud mouth gear, doubt i'll get it at the cost of it though. Only thing I know i'm getting is the Rickie Fowler bright orange Puma peaked cap head cover as to quote my mum "she thought it'd look cool"

Other than that it'll be the usual, boxset of some 3 for 2 boots smellies, socks, pants and other random stuff that is generic with Christmas gifts.

Much prefer seeing others open their gifts than me being centre stage opening mine.