Whats important on a golf weekend to you

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Was talking to the wife about this the other month and something posted reminded me of it.

When you goto a golf weekend or multi-days meets, what are the most important parts of it for you ?:)

D

Deleted Member 1156

In no particular order.....

Good courses
Good company
Decent weather(!)
VFM

The last one doesn't mean cheap, I don't mind paying top dollar for top courses but I would object to paying top dollar for poor courses. Not overly fussed about the accommodation as long as it is clean and has the basic facilities.

D

Deleted member 25172

Company and course. A decent pub is always nice, but I don't mind the hotel bar if the company is good.

Given my performance at the Kent meetup, I shouldn't mention it really, but I will anyway. No hackers. I went for a golf trip with a group which included my father in law and his brother and it was a real pain, taking the fun out of the golf out on the course.

They are most likely the worst golfers the world has ever seen. Give them a 54 handicap and they'd still come in on single points after 18 holes. It's absolutely terrible, and they have no wish to take lessons to improve either. They rather walk around the course swearing after every shot. I don't mind the swearing, but the sheer stubbornness to not do something about the issues is what winds me up.

D

Deleted member 21258

For me :-

Golf
Good company
Reasonable pace of play
Fun course or good course
Clean accommodation

Decided I wasn't really interested in, good food or drinking in the evening or getting it on cheap prices