What you shooting?

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Put the card in the back pocket. forget about it and enjoy the experience.

From the tees the pros are using, I'm guessing there are carries I wouldn't make - good solid drive is 240 ish. From a tee with a max carry of about 170? that rough and those fairways and greens? sub 150 if you absolutely insisted I counted!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The person who convinced me that it was a good idea..

Probably somewhere in the region of 110 and I wouldn't enjoy it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Impossible to say really. I'm not a big hitter so obviously that would make it a huge struggle, before you even factor in lost balls in the rough. I normally shoot mid-80s these days, so a conservative estimate at 115?? No idea though since I've never played anywhere like it.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s not the length that would get you. If the pins were where they are today and running as fast as this I’d expect carnage and a number I would never want to tell anyone afterwards. But I’m quite sure I’d love the opportunity to experience that (we never will, when you visit a club the green speeds and pins are such that ensure 9 hour rounds are not the norm).

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
If there is a carry over 180 I’m stuffed as I can’t take a safety hybrid.

I think the bit in the middle is fine, it’s the shot getting on the fairway and getting it in the hole that would be hard!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Realistically you would ramp it down to hit your safest iron and stay out the rough.. which means your hitting every green in 1 over regulation. That basically because there is no one to Mark your ball as found. Then the card wrecking starts on the green with an average of 3-4 putts ... so at best 36-45 over par ☹️ ... so not very fun, not even worth talking about ... I don’t think it really achieved much as a competition honestly speaking.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Realistically you would ramp it down to hit your safest iron and stay out the rough.. which means your hitting every green in 1 over regulation. That basically because there is no one to Mark your ball as found. Then the card wrecking starts on the green with an average of 3-4 putts ... so at best 36-45 over par ☹️ ... so not very fun, not even worth talking about ... I don’t think it really achieved much as a competition honestly speaking.

When the worlds best are hacking it about , you know we'd be in big trouble. Looking at those greens, I'd say youre being generous with 3-4 putts.
Multiple par 4s over 500 yards and many over 450...ouch

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When the worlds best are hacking it about , you know we'd be in big trouble. Looking at those greens, I'd say youre being generous with 3-4 putts.
Multiple par 4s over 500 yards and many over 450...ouch
Who said taking driver and risking anything... it would be a hit 7 iron all the way round at most and if a 180 carry was required a 5 wood ... it would be seriously boring .. and the greens are of no interest either, they might as well put windmills on them!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've heard pro's say before that a scratch golfer going around Augusta with a Master set up would do well to break 100. I'm guessing the same would apply to here when the greens are fiery. It is almost impossible to put a figure on what you would play personally as this looks a course where it would be easy to lose balls in the rough, unlike Augusta for example. I also can not work out if there are big carries to the fairways.

I tend to agree with Scienceboy, the issue is the drive and the putting. The bit in the middle is just a normal course stretched out. I'm also in agreement with others who don't see it as a great deal of fun to play in that fashion. It wont be one going on the bucket list, off any tee never mind the back one.

In answer to the actual question. A lot, no doubt but it isn't one I say with admiration for the course.