What would you do ???

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hopefully the chav scum will be sent down!
Personally I would've used my putter, have you seen the point on the back of a YES Natalie, serious damage. :mad:

I also keep an old lob wedge under the bed in case anybody breaks in at night, just need them to stand still long enough for me to hit the ball at them. ;)

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tough question when it boils down to it really , it's easy to say we'd belt them but i'm not so sure that would happen. If there's a massive group of them then you'd need quite a few golfers to take them on and there arent that that many handy blokes I know that play golf (loads of old duffers though).

I personally have no problems with a good dust up which has got me into serious trouble on many occasions but I dont know that my playing partners are handy and would back me up when there's blood and fists and knees and headbutts flying all over the place.

Can always get another set of clubs tbh

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
If I was at home and someone or someone's broken in. I'd have a right go. My family is at risk. As for the golf course and my clubs. Yes I'd like to think I was Bruce Willis in Die Hard. But I ain't. I don't reckon it's worth putting my family through anything that could go wrong. So I'd probably turn.

As to the club of choice. It would have to be the Odessey No7 (Fangs). I'd hate to think what those to spikes would do.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Get everyone of their parents togeather, put them on a boat along with their neglected, misguided ferral offspring then send the boat out to missile ranges in the Hebs or somewhere. This would suit me just fine. If a sudden and abrupt stop isnt put on these youth gangs, you can be certain more will happen, I would suggest courses near to heavily populated areas be on alert for copy cat behavior.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
As I understand it, they didn't turn up mob handed to steal clubs, they allegedy came looking for "revenge" for the earlier incident with the kids. When politely asked to moderate the language and leave the area as it was private property, they apparently decided that these golfers were fair game and went berserk.

Personally. I feel that the only publicity these low life should get is the length of their jail sentence (some hope :( :()

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
If any of those kids with head injuries have had brain damage how will they be able to tell?

lol

One thing that springs to mind is that the police have arrested 5 golfers? What the hell were the bunch of chavs doing in a 5-ball in the first place? :D

I'm joking of course....

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
UPDATE....

BROMLEY: Golf club scuffle suspects bailed

5:08pm Tuesday 12th May 2009

EIGHT people arrested following an armed scuffle at a private golf course in Bromley have been bailed.

The fight occurred when golfers were about to tee off from the fourth hole of the west golf course at Sundridge Park Golf Club in Garden Road on Sunday (May 9).

They were threatened by yobs armed with wooden planks and a cosh who swore at them before allegedly trying to steal golf clubs and bags.

Bromley police said the golfers stood their ground and some of the youths were hit with clubs.

A 17-year-old boy was one of two teenagers who were taken to hospital suffering from head injuries.

He is in Kings College Hospital, Denmark Hill, where his condition is said to be stable.

* A 53-year-old man, from Hayes, who was arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm has been bailed to return to Bromley police station on July 17.

Five people, aged 13, 15, 16, 33 and 49, were arrested on suspicion of affray.

They have all been bailed to return to the same station on August 12 along with a 48-year-old man, from Keston, who was arrested on suspicion of causing GBH.

A 39-year-old man, from Plaistow, who was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct has been bailed to return on the same date in August.

(ack. News Shopper website) And no, I don't read this or any other free newspaper :eek:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I understand that one of the golfers has been detained under section three of the public orders act and may be charged with indecency and/or breach of the peace.

Apparantly there were 48 seperate complaints relating to his lime green trousers and canary yellow pringle.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd love to be on the jury. as it stands is absolutely no guarantee that the golfers will get off.

and letting the yobs take your clubs might be construed by the insurance company as reason to refuse your claim.

wot me cynical?

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apparantly there were 48 seperate complaints relating to his lime green trousers and canary yellow pringle.

I didn't realise that you had played at our club. Believe it or not we do have one old boy who sometimes wears that outfit plus a matching cap - I think that he is acting as a lure for the parakeets that plague us.