What would make you leave your club?

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the course/club was being run with priority/bias given to a certain section of the membership, with little thought given to any other section......... Oh hang on a minute, that's a fair description of my club...
are you still at gathurst bluewolf or have you joined wigan yet.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Poor condition would do it for me as well. Our greens were shocking until recently and I was starting to doubt whether I'd sign up again next year.

Admittedly the weather didn't help but I played other courses that were fine.

Things are better now so I'm happier. New head greenkeeper just started too so interesting to see how things will change.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Am still at Gathurst mate. Am holding fire on a club change at the moment as we are considering a family move to the south coast next year if redundancy is available. Wigan GC are still charging a grand joining fee which is a bit much if I only stay for 1 year.
How's your recovery coming along. Plenty of "feet up" time I hope.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
:lol:
Am still at Gathurst mate. Am holding fire on a club change at the moment as we are considering a family move to the south coast next year if redundancy is available. Wigan GC are still charging a grand joining fee which is a bit much if I only stay for 1 year.
How's your recovery coming along. Plenty of "feet up" time I hope.
BORED senseless as cant drive yet so stuck at home,if the greens are the same pace on the stimp as my dining room carpet when i get back playing i will be thinking of turning pro lol.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I was a member at a private club, moved area and joined another private club. One of the reasons I joined was because apart from Saturdays, there was no booking system, pitch and play whenever you want.....no problems. Our secretary retired 2 years ago and the new guy has introduced an online booking system where we now have to book 8 days in advance. This has completely ruined things for me as it is now very difficult for me to arrange midweek golf due to uncertainties about what time I can get away from work.

So, despite it being a superb course (top 100) I am no longer a happy bunny there and thinking of leaving to join somewhere without a booking system.

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it was closed too much due to the wet weather, then I think I'd have to give serious thought to joining a coastal course where it's open all year
that's my club. Garesfield GC has been closed as much as its been opend, and when it has been open there has been lying water as the drainage is shocking. Yet 2 miles down the road, Ryton GC had only one or two small puddles after torrential rain

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The club really lost the greens a few years back and we've got a new greenkeper in late last year. I was contemplating moving but have decided to give him 2012 to see what progress he makes. Getting there slowly but he has a good plan in place.

We don't have many societies either and if we get more and more to boost income and it impacted getting on the course I'd have a think but to be honest I'm happy at the moment

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
Slow play. It's absolutely killing my enjoyment of my club. Last medal I played I teed off at 1.30, and finished at 6.30. Played a tie last Monday night, 4.5 hour round for a 2 ball. I only play for the competitions, and what with working most Saturday mornings and having a new baby I just can't be fussed spending 5 hours on the course on a Saturday afternoon.

T

thecraw

I'll leave mine when I get in somewhere down the coast of fast draining, free running links turf!

:thup: