What TWO things really wind you up on your course?

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bunkers. I'm rubbish at getting out of them and we have about 60 on the course.

I like playing in a very early tee-time. Bit unfortunately so do too many other people.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
1. not enough sand in the bunker, standing there knowing you ain't getting close to the pin.

2. Not being let through, so being forced to play much slower, messes with my rhythm

Springveldt

Visit site
Our 16th , it seems to be getting steeper every week.:mad:
Slow play :mad:, hurry up FFS guys, then i might just squeeze in a few more rounds before its time to pop my socks :eek::unsure:.
Bellshill? Nearly had a heart attack the first time I played that. My brother slagged me off for "taking the seniors route" on the other visits to it.

At my place, it would be...
1. Pace of play. Everyone wants to play at 100 mph, if a 3 ball takes more than 3hr15m people start complaining. It's my 1 round of golf per week currently, I'd like some time to line a putt up without being conscious of people standing in the middle of the fairway waiting to hit the moment your front foot leaves the green. Even had some guys tee off last week while I was on the fairway into a par 4 because I was 30 yards past their hitting range. A little bit off-putting to hear a ball land behind you when you are about to hit a wedge into the green.

2. Bunkers. They have no consistency at all. Some have a what seems like a couple of mm's of sand and others have a foot of it.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Bellshill? Nearly had a heart attack the first time I played that. My brother slagged me off for "taking the seniors route" on the other visits to it.

At my place, it would be...
1. Pace of play. Everyone wants to play at 100 mph, if a 3 ball takes more than 3hr15m people start complaining. It's my 1 round of golf per week currently, I'd like some time to line a putt up without being conscious of people standing in the middle of the fairway waiting to hit the moment your front foot leaves the green. Even had some guys tee off last week while I was on the fairway into a par 4 because I was 30 yards past their hitting range. A

2. Bunkers. They have no consistency at all. Some have a what seems like a couple of mm's of sand and others have a foot of it.

Sorry but if you are 30 yards out with that person's landing area they're more than entitled to tee off.

3hr 15min is more than adequate for a 3 ball.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today it took us 3 hours to play a 2 man Texas scramble, could've been 2.45 hrs .But we had a 32 year old with us, 2x65 year olds and me @ 72 .
Us 3 oldies nearly fell asleep a few times waiting for our young friend.:ROFLMAO:.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How come? Our locker rooms don't open until 6.30 but there's nothing stopping members going out before then. Green staff have absolute right of way and anyone playing must wait to be invited to play by the green staff but other than that we have no restrictions. Different for visitors of course and they cannot go out without paying in the pro shop and our green staff will approach anyone they don't recognise as a member and have been known to ask people to leave the course when caught sneaking on early and unpaid

7.30 start where I play.

The reason given is that the green staff want to be able to get on with the course preparation unhindered.

D

Deleted member 17920

People who insist on taking there trolley too an inch from the green, just bone idle.

And people who lose a hole and don’t even acknowledge the group behind.