What TWO things really wind you up on your course?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our 16th , it seems to be getting steeper every week.:mad:

Slow play :mad:, hurry up FFS guys, then i might just squeeze in a few more rounds before its time to pop my socks :eek: :unsure:.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Bunkers not raked, but the big one is slow play.

Pitchmarks not being repaired is poor, but something I can correct, and doesn’t cost me a shot. Ball rolling into someone’s unraked foot print could. Slow play could lead to hours of hanging around, waiting on every shot, and ruining a round whether I played well or badly.

If I could have a third one it would be microwaved bacon at the halfway hut.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
5th Hole (par 5) played in regulation has three blind landing areas for your shots, I'm not a fan

That's it really, if I add a gripe of player behaviour on the course its folk taking the flag out when they haven't really tried putting with it in

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
People who think 18 holes of golf should be played in under 3 hrs, please if time is that precious to you take up knitting and stay at home.

Players who use the course as an ashtray and just drop fag butts all over the place, very bad at my second course Rushmore park.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unrepaired Pitchmarks (especially those within a few feet of the hole)

People doing daft things that slow down play (bags left on the wrong side of the green/leaving the bags 20+ yards away to go to play a chip and not taking their putter that sort of thing)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
PPs who don’t turn off their mobile phone, then answer it whenever it rings and proceed to have a conversation while the rest of us stand about like idiots waiting for them.

When someone in the group in front refuses to play a shot when the group in front of them are on the same hole but obviously out of range. The group finish, the guy in front of us then spends 3 or 4 minutes practising his swing, then duffs it about 20 yards forward.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The quality of the bunkers. The depth and quality of the sand varies depending on which bunker on which hole you go in. None play the same

Pitch marks. Greens are still soft and the ball is coming in from height (usually). Make sure you repair your mark and do one other. At the fear of a forum flaming the problem does seem worse after the senior roll up has been through

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
It is not easy to wind me up on the course. For me, the golf course is the place to wind down and relax, mostly. I forget pretty much everything around me when I am out there. That said, two things that can throw me off a bit are:

1) Guys mansplaining the game (and business, life and the universe) to me during the round.
2) People who dawdle. I am not talking slow play in general. There are many reasons that can hold a group up and I understand that. But when the group in front of me is basically done playing their shot or holing out on the green and still does not get a move on, that can drive me a bit nuts.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Pitch marks. Greens are still soft and the ball is coming in from height (usually). Make sure you repair your mark and do one other. At the fear of a forum flaming the problem does seem worse after the senior roll up has been through

Funny, played yesterday evening after the first senior match of the year, walked onto a few greens peppered with pitch marks that were not from the three of us playing.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
inconsiderate people who, don't leave the course as they find it or show consideration to other players. be it
not letting faster groups Through, repairing pitch marks and raking bunkers.

and ramblers who think they can go where they like, then quote the "Outdoor Access Code" to you, despite not having actually read it

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
inconsiderate people who, don't leave the course as they find it or show consideration to other players. be it
not letting faster groups Through, repairing pitch marks and raking bunkers.

and ramblers who think they can go where they like, then quote the "Outdoor Access Code" to you, despite not having actually read it

He said 2 ya bawheed, not half a dozen :rolleyes:;)

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Slow play

Not being called thru by slow group in front as we stand in f'way watching them all search for another ball in the rough