What TWO things really wind you up on your course?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Aarrgghh, I've just remembered a huge one but I've had my two :eek:

Folk taking divots on a practice swing!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The fact there's been no catering for months so can't get anything to eat or even a pint.

The fairways are in really poor nick. With winter rules in place we've often had to discuss and confirm whether our ball is actually on the fairway or in the rough as the difference is negligible.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Bunkers with next to no sand, but plenty of rovks to damage your club with.

Litter thrown in the woods. Just don't do it. Ever. Cans, bottles, fag packets, food wrappers, yep, they all degrade, over millennia.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lack of consideration by players with regards to course wear and tear eg taking trolleys immediately next to bunkers.

Lack of consideration for other players eg not letting players through.

D

Deleted member 15344

People rushing around the golf course as if it’s a race - including the flag in or out business , it’s like the Hokey Cokey on the green

And people who have a lack of awareness of when others are trying to take a shot - moving or chatting or rattling clubs when trying to take a shot

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Not striking the ball like I do on the range. Why does it happen? Get frustrated just trying to figure out the why of it. I stand there saying to myself, hit it like on the range- then , bang.
Oh, and hate the rain😊

mister v

Visit site
1) obvious cheating ............
2) bunkers that are inconsistent , either more sand then the sahara or harder than a concrete path

both make my piss boil

mister v

Visit site
Do you really see a lot of 'obvious cheating'??
i see a bit, for instance im a member at a very tree lined course and have seen on numerous occasions people taking an unfair stance by treading on a branch to keep it out of their swing path, or hooking a branch onto another......... now that is an infringement i believe (please if im wrong let me know)
Im not saying its anywhere near as bad as say someone magicaly finding a ball that should be lost like Trump allegedly does ....... but its still a breach of the rules

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
i see a bit, for instance im a member at a very tree lined course and have seen on numerous occasions people taking an unfair stance by treading on a branch to keep it out of their swing path, or hooking a branch onto another......... now that is an infringement i believe (please if im wrong let me know)
Im not saying its anywhere near as bad as say someone magicaly finding a ball that should be lost like Trump allegedly does ....... but its still a breach of the rules
Oh are you not allowed to do that? :oops:

I was only asking since this was things that wind you up at your course, so you made it sound like you had a load of cheats at your place! Obvious cheating would wind me up if I saw any, but I can't say that I ever do.