What Trolley Features Do People Actually Use

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been doing a load of research into electric trolleys before I buy and, of course, they all come with various bells and whistles now. So, I thought I would look for some honest opinions on what people actually use on their trollies and, in all honesty, would you have been as well off going for a more basic version.

At the moment, I am hard pushed to see any features I would find useful beyond the ability to send it off to the next tee but would be interested to hear other thoughts.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wanted a 36 hole battery, not because I played 36 very often but there's always the day you forget to charge it.
I can see the benefit in that and did think about it but as most models now are lithium only, it does crank up the price.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was lucky enough to have the chance to test the Motocaddy in the 'Tested by you' feature last month.

I have the M5 Connect which allows the use of the Motocaddy app via bluetooth to show yardages to FMB on the trolley. I never use it as I use a GPS watch.
It also has a USB charging port under the handle...I've never used it - but see some usues

The only feature which appealed to me was the DHC (down hill control) which keeps the trolley going at the same speed down a hill rather than speeding up.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was lucky enough to have the chance to test the Motocaddy in the 'Tested by you' feature last month.

I have the M5 Connect which allows the use of the Motocaddy app via bluetooth to show yardages to FMB on the trolley. I never use it as I use a GPS watch.
It also has a USB charging port under the handle...I've never used it - but see some usues

The only feature which appealed to me was the DHC (down hill control) which keeps the trolley going at the same speed down a hill rather than speeding up.

That really helps. Been looking at the motocaddy options but have decided it is a no for me. The M1 would have been perfect except it has no ability to send it off to the next tee. For that I needed to step up a model or 2 but the other features did not appeal and that hiked up the price (as did the DHC which did seem useful). Had exactly the same thought about the M5 connect, nice ideas but duplicated in other kit I had. Currently the Golfstream Vision is topping the list which seams to do all of the basics well with no excess kit.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have an old basic PK Freeway, it has the 10-20-30 yard function which I very rarely use. But one thing I would like, would be a USB charging point for my sky caddie... I've even looked into retrofitting one.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wanted a 36 hole battery, not because I played 36 very often but there's always the day you forget to charge it.

I choose the 36 hole for the option of 27 holes.. however someone told me after the 18 hole one will do 27 holes (not sure how true that is... im sure you would know more)

to the OP I use the charger on my trolley. that's about it.. unless you count an umbrella holder

the rest I don't think id need so stuck with the M1

D

Deleted member 16999

That really helps. Been looking at the motocaddy options but have decided it is a no for me. The M1 would have been perfect except it has no ability to send it off to the next tee. For that I needed to step up a model or 2 but the other features did not appeal and that hiked up the price (as did the DHC which did seem useful). Had exactly the same thought about the M5 connect, nice ideas but duplicated in other kit I had. Currently the Golfstream Vision is topping the list which seams to do all of the basics well with no excess kit.
I have the older version of the Motocaddy M3 Pro and the USB is used everytime I take the trolley out, either plugging in my phone and using the motocaddy app or plugging in my Skycaddie at away courses, devices are charged whilst using them and saves forgetting to charge at home.
Had my Motocaddy for over 3 years now and had absolutely no issues.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have a motocaddy S3 pro which has loads of features ive never used, so a bit of a waste TBH.

The only two i do are, the 5 Min ball timer, handy when playing with someone who looks for balls for far too long in a comp and the feature to send it off on its own a certain distance. Other than that a standard stop go and speed control are all you need.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have the basic GoKart. On / Off, Variable Speed. That is all I need or wanted. At the moment I have no trolley envy, I've had it for nearly a full season now.

I did get the lithium version as it was what everyone recommended but having not had any form of electric trolley before I don't know how it compares. Everyone else couldn't be wrong though :D.

I can see how the USB port would be useful if you were using a phone app GPS or hand held GPS but at the moment I am a watch person so it is not relevant.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Motocaddy M3:

On/off switch :p
Speed setting
Set distance 5-50 yards in 5yd increments
USB charger (VERY useful)
Umbrella holder
5 minute timer

There's other features and functions that I've never used or needed

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I have an M1. USB and brolley holder, although the trolley hasn't been out over here. The USB is used every round.

D

Deleted member 21258

USB plug
If electric, then wheels that dis engage from the motor, so it is easy to push if the battery goes flat.

A guy we played with had I think a motorcaddy that done that, far better than wifes cheap electric trolley that doesn't do that, quite hard to push when battery is flat., thought it was very good thing for it to do.