Electric Trolleys - Motocaddy M5 GPS DHC

OMcG

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all

Pretty clueless when it comes to electric trolleys as iv'e never owned one before so just wanting to hear your opinions before i make a purchase.

So.... i've done some research and the Motocaddy M5 GPS DHC is particularly appealing. Being a member of a steep, hilly course and user of a laser i feel that the downhill control and GPS features would be very beneficial as well as not having to slog a standard push model around ! Anyone got one of these and how do you find it ?

With regards to the battery is it worth going for the 36 hole extended battery version over the standard 18 ? Id rarely play more that 18 at one time. Perhaps an even sillier question would be... are electric trolleys useable once the battery goes dead ? Do they feel like an ordinary push trolley or are they heavy and awkward to move around ? Just wouldn't want to get caught out if i was playing a few extra holes or forgot to charge.

Appreciate any thoughts :)

D

Deleted member 16999

I have the DHC version and it works very well on hilly courses, especially on the downhill’s.

The GPS is the older version linking to my phone and that is sufficient for me.

I would also go for the 36 hole battery as there maybe times you wish to play twice in a day or 2 days in a row and forget to charge it overnight. They are useable if the battery dies, you move the wheels 1 click out and the trolley freewheels, I believe, it certainly did on my last trolley the M3 Pro, but haven’t needed or tried it on my current DHC.

People tend to have their favourite brands, I’ve had motocaddy for the last 10 years and have had no issue with any I’ve owned.

D

Deleted member 16999

How's delivery on this? I know there's been a long lead time on electric trolleys because of demand and shipping from overseas.
Not sure on this particular model, but Pro at Seaham/Bargain Golf Equipment definitely had stock of S1, M1 & M7 Remote in stock at the weekend.

OMcG

Club Champion
Visit site
I have the DHC version and it works very well on hilly courses, especially on the downhill’s.

The GPS is the older version linking to my phone and that is sufficient for me.

I would also go for the 36 hole battery as there maybe times you wish to play twice in a day or 2 days in a row and forget to charge it overnight. They are useable if the battery dies, you move the wheels 1 click out and the trolley freewheels, I believe, it certainly did on my last trolley the M3 Pro, but haven’t needed or tried it on my current DHC.

People tend to have their favourite brands, I’ve had motocaddy for the last 10 years and have had no issue with any I’ve owned.

Thanks mate

Yeah 36 hole option makes sense for an extra 50 quid or so. Good to know, the features on these electric trolleys really seem great - look forward to getting my hands on one.

Will be a big difference from the squeaky push one I currently have !

D

Deleted member 16999

Thanks mate

Yeah 36 hole option makes sense for an extra 50 quid or so. Good to know, the features on these electric trolleys really seem great - look forward to getting my hands on one.

Will be a big difference from the squeaky push one I currently have !
Just spoke to mate, he said there is a slightly newer version of M5 coming out on 01 March.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought they were the same company or holding company. Curious as to why he favoured one over the other
He said it folded down smaller so he could fit it in his footwell, the battery was smaller and easy to just slide in with no cables and he said it looked better to him