What Trolley Features Do People Actually Use

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
The variable speed, round timer, distance if on the occasion I smoke one down the middle with my driver its devastating to find out that 280yds missile was only actually 230yds, and the function where I can send my trolley 5, 10 15 yds or more towards the next tee.
Also, being able to unlock the wheels from the axle so that it becomes a normal push trolley and a USB, not used it but handy if you have a skycaddy or use you phone as a GPS. MY Motpcaddy M1 has a built in cradle for a phone of other device with the USB port.

Some of the newer trollies can link to you mobile and let you know when you have a text message, not sure why that is a good feature.

Also DHC, down hill control where the trolley brakes when you go downhill so that it doesn't run away from you or so that you don't have to hang on to it

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
S1 pro here.

Added the cup holder from my clic...
Use the usb charge point all the time
Everyone needs an umbrella holder at some point.
Do use the send it on its way function very very occassionally - easily do without
Would love a simple timer display for lost balls!

D

Deleted member 1147

Mine's basic - on, off, variable speed - and is absolutely fine

It would be handy to have a timer for when looking for a ball

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
M3 Pro here. Stop, go, variable speed, distance control, umbrella holder and USB port to help charge sky caddie if required.

Don’t use anything else, including the 5 minute timer. Accidentally set that off a few times though!

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Motocaddy S3 for me and I use the yardage counter in the display. If I’m not 100% sure where my ball has landed or couldn’t see how far it had gone I know how far my club usually hits the ball so zero the counter and after say 220 yards know my ball will be in that vicinity if I’ve used my driver.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Biggest feature for me is that it works and holds my golf bag.

Don't need anything else. I can hold my umbrella if I need to, my water bottle can live in my bag where I can access it if needed, I charge my GPS at home and ensure its working prior to my golf.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have a go-kart and all I've added is an umbrella holder. It has all I want. I can get 36 holes out of the battery on a flat course but don't need to do that very often and it ferries my clubs from A to B with minimum fuss. Not into all these gadgets and devices. Too much time spent faffing around with them in my opinion rather than hitting the ball getting to where you hit it to and then leaving it in a sensible place to leave the green and head to the tee with minimal fuss and delay

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve got an S3 Pro, which is approaching 6 years old, aside from the standard stop/go/speed features, I also use the Comp Mode to turn off the yardage’s, and the 5/10/20 yard run off to send it on it’s way up the fairway/to the next tee. I generally play 1st thing in the morning, so never used the USB charger, I should use the timer for lost balls, but not sure how, off to learn!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
On / Off, variable speed, lithium battery and a bag to put it in. What more do you REALLY need?
Starting to agree. Easy to get distracted by bells and whistles. Extra few quid for this, bit extra for that and suddenly the £400 trolley you were looking at is a £600 one with stuff you will not use.

Going to try and check out a golf stream vision at the weekend as course near me is listed as a stockist. Folds easy, has thr features I want and is £450 with lithium battery

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a motocaddy S3 pro which has loads of features ive never used, so a bit of a waste TBH.

The only two i do are, the 5 Min ball timer, handy when playing with someone who looks for balls for far too long in a comp and the feature to send it off on its own a certain distance. Other than that a standard stop go and speed control are all you need.

Totally agree. I watch people fiddling with their GPS and get annoyed that the screen is so small its a waste of time. They have given up with it. For me I like the idea of the 3/5 minute ball search stop watch, other than that, go, stop and speed is all I imagine I will ever use

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I use the straps to hold my bag in place and the wheels to turn round when I push it.

Takes very little effort to push a trolley. I couldn't be bothered charging a battery all the time - such a faff!

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Parking brake if you can get it ... most e-trolleys don't have one and if you are playing a hilly course, you risk running after your trolley instead of preparing your shot more often than you like ... and if you don't play a hilly coure, what on earth do you want an e-trolley for?

Also: umbralla holder (some companies charge ridiculous amounts of money for systems which only work with their equally ridiculous expensive umbrellas, btw, so look out for that) and a cup or bottle holder

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I use the straps to hold my bag in place and the wheels to turn round when I push it.

Takes very little effort to push a trolley. I couldn't be bothered charging a battery all the time - such a faff!
I take it your course is quite flat then. I've seen people pushing their push trolleys up and down the hills on our course and that is definitely a faff.
I'm not sure why people see charging the battery as a big thing. It's a routine. You come home, put the trolley in the garage and connect the battery to the charger. It's not that difficult.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I take it your course is quite flat then. I've seen people pushing their push trolleys up and down the hills on our course and that is definitely a faff.
I'm not sure why people see charging the battery as a big thing. It's a routine. You come home, put the trolley in the garage and connect the battery to the charger. It's not that difficult.
Agree - but then again I've a dedicated charging station! Apparently not everyone is able to put their gear where they wish at home 😔

Neeko1988

Visit site
I have a PK FW2 and it has the distance control which i never use. I have an 18 hole battery and it still says around half full after a round normally. Other than a brolley holder i don't need anything else..

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have the new PK FW7 GPS
It does everything, makes the tea, gives a nosh etc etc.

In reality I use the on off and the basic GPS distance to the pin.
Never use the more detailed distances to hazards etc, USB, calorie counter, miles walked etc etc

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
S3 Pro here, it's 3 years old and has an 18 hole lithium battery, it easily did 36 holes last weekend with a phone plugged in to the USB.
I use the variable speed, don't use the 10-20-30 yd distance control, also have an aftermarket umbrella and GPS holder.
i think if you swap the wheels round then it can be used as a push if the battery runs out. (could be wrong though)