What time of day suits you best?

mikee66

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As some of you know this is my first season and because of that I struggle to find playing partners as I'm not confident enough to play in medals etc yet.

Anyway, I've found myself playing with different friends at different times of that that suits their commitments.

I find that if I am playing early mornings, ie 7am I really struggle as I find it hard to sleep the night before and it takes me till the turn to warm up!

If I play at lunchtime it's either too warm (only recently) or it's too busy and I'm stressing I'm holding everyone up!

If i play in the evening after work I'm so wound up from work I cant relax!

So the perfect time for me to tee off is around 4pm on a Saturday evening!

Not many people want to play then though.

What about you guys?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
good question, I play crap at anytime. I prefer my old tee off time for comps of 09:20. Not sure why but it didnt feel too early and usually I would get there in plenty time for a warm up etc. I did play at 4pm a couple of weeks ago and it was v nice, warm but not too hot and I was nicely chilled even though it was straight from work.

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
good question, I play crap at anytime. I prefer my old tee off time for comps of 09:20.

I quite like this time as well actually. Well, anywhere between 09:00 and 09:30 is perfect. Can get there about 8.30 to warm up, and it isn't too early!

I have a friend who seems to love early mornings (either than or HID nags him to get back early) so it isn't unknown to go off about 07:00 when he books the tee!

BROOKIE

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I love playing after 2 in the afternoon, no rush or hold ups,just come from 2 weeks holiday in brid and scarborough,whitby fantastic coastal courses,drinks with your mates afterwards,pure bliss

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Competition rounds i'm a fan of a 930-10am start as it gives you time to warm up and get there without rushing.

Bounce games I really enjoy the summer evenings abut 4pm as you can enjoy the summer sun without melting at midday and the course tends to be quiet.

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Half 10 or 17:30 for me mike, they've been the the best tee times to match my best rounds of the year

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
I tee off about at about 08:50 but the lowest handicap players at my club go out between 11:00 & 13:00 could be something in that.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
8.32 as I can play at the same time all year. It means I can leave the house after my wife has left for work as she parks in front of the garage. Then I can get my trolley out of the garage through the front door rather than through the side door and then through the house. I then have time for some practice before I play too.

The early start also allows me to go shopping on the way home after the round if needs be.

Chrisb83

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don't play in comps either as only just starting out but like to get off by 7.30 so I can be home ton spend the rest of the weekend with wife and little one.

Had a day off work recently and played in a 4 ball on a week day. We didn't tee off until 10.00 and the course was packed took 5 1/2 hours to get round. My wife would kill me if it took that long on a Saturday.

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
Early enough that the half way hut is open when i reach it but late enough i don't need to be up before 8 works for me at weekends. Midweek depends on what time i get away from work, normally tee off around 16.30 ish.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really enjoyed playing a 6.30am time recently as we just about beat the heat and the course was mostly deserted. Usually play late afternoon on Fri/Sat and on Sun it's around 8 am ish. During the week it's normally after 6pm just to get some nine holes in.

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm quite happy to play most times but at my course a rule of thumb would be before 8 in the morning as this is when the older, slower gents tend to play each day or after 19:00 in the evening to allow the 16:00-17:30 lot to get away in front.