Golf ball Visibility

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yous have got it easy. Im colour blind. I red and greens being the main problem. I play with a yellow ball all the time as it stands out better for me.. One of my mates plays a reddish ball in the winter... The second it's left his clubface I cannot see it... And he still asks... Did you see where I ended up.. Eh no mate... After the 5th time of asking a good scowl normally does... If I use a red tee ( non castle variety obvs ) it could land at my feet and I struggle to see it.... The joys..
Red and green are the most common colours. always amazed me when I saw colour blind folk doing Ishiara tests at work 😳

Wonder if any golf companies do colour blind balls 🤔

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In the long lost days of the rubber type iron head covers I used to occasionally play with a colour blind chap who used red ones. He would drop it on the ground whilst playing his shot and would have trouble finding it again. Keith. If you read this, I hope you have black ones now :D

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In the long lost days of the rubber type iron head covers I used to occasionally play with a colour blind chap who used red ones. He would drop it on the ground whilst playing his shot and would have trouble finding it again. Keith. If you read this, I hope you have black ones now :D
I have a friend called Keith whose colour blind .
Playing snooker was a great laugh.

RichA

Visit site
I'm not colour blind but, unless I'm looking directly at them, red golf balls and pink tees might as well be full woodland camouflage.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a friend called Keith whose colour blind .
Playing snooker was a great laugh.
I am red-green colour blind. Playing snooker a few years ago I potted a beautiful long red. My opponent marked up 5 points for me. When I queried it he told me that it was such a clean pot on the brown he just assumed that he'd been distracted when I potted the red before it.

As far as golf balls go, if any of my playing partners use red or green balls then I tell them why I'm not wasting my time searching for their stray shots. I can barely see them in the fairway never mind in the rough!

C7usk

Visit site
Red and green are the most common colours. always amazed me when I saw colour blind folk doing Ishiara tests at work 😳

Wonder if any golf companies do colour blind balls 🤔
My mates luv seeing me do them tests....its fair to say I get a ribbing of some sorts almost guaranteed every round..... Most things I couldn't say here as more than slightly non p.c

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am red-green colour blind. Playing snooker a few years ago I potted a beautiful long red. My opponent marked up 5 points for me. When I queried it he told me that it was such a clean pot on the brown he just assumed that he'd been distracted when I potted the red before it.

As far as golf balls go, if any of my playing partners use red or green balls then I tell them why I'm not wasting my time searching for their stray shots. I can barely see them in the fairway never mind in the rough!
We used to put the brown in the triangle and a red on its spot .
Then call a foul on him 🙈

sunshine

Visit site
I found a red volvik ball a couple of weeks ago. Thought I'd try it out: first shot driver down the middle, lost it in the air, but as I walked down the hole I could see it on the fairway. Second shot, 8 iron, good strike but a little push, lost it in the air again. Expected to find it pin high just off the green, but it was nowhere to be seen even though there were no hazards. I felt like I was colour blind (I'm not), but a dark red golf ball might as well be invisible :LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I found a red volvik ball a couple of weeks ago. Thought I'd try it out: first shot driver down the middle, lost it in the air, but as I walked down the hole I could see it on the fairway. Second shot, 8 iron, good strike but a little push, lost it in the air again. Expected to find it pin high just off the green, but it was nowhere to be seen even though there were no hazards. I felt like I was colour blind (I'm not), but a dark red golf ball might as well be invisible :LOL:
Yeah - the darker colours are impossible to see in the air, weirdly. You wouldn't think it until you hit one.

sjw

Visit site
Yeah - the darker colours are impossible to see in the air, weirdly. You wouldn't think it until you hit one.
Interesting - when Peter Finch tested that black ball he said it was really clear in the sky but absolutely useless when it was on the grass - which I'm not surprised by 😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting - when Peter Finch tested that black ball he said it was really clear in the sky but absolutely useless when it was on the grass - which I'm not surprised by 😂
Maybe if he tested it on a sunny day. Sadly we don't get many of those. A black golf ball just seems like a bad a joke to me. Something you'd give someone in Secret Santa to take the mick.

Reactions: sjw
D

Deleted member 25172

It begs the question, why do they make them? Totally pointless
Because you'll lose them quicker and need to buy them more often. Any person with an ounce of common sense would swap after realising this rather quickly, but as there are millions of golfers in the world, and there's plenty of them without common sense - they keep buying them.

HPIMG

Visit site
I have never had this problem before my last two golf clubs all had pine trees but this new course I’ve just joined has trees that drop there leaves.
It’s brutal it’s hide and seek if you don’t hit the fairway lol I lost two balls today and almost a 3rd but eventually found it.
I took a photo leaves at my place and brown and white on the other side so I’m thinking about maybe playing yellow balls in winter hopefully they stand out better. It’s a real struggle with white balls.
C3387EA0-4B15-4201-A5D1-CC0462495414.jpeg

RichA

Visit site
I have never had this problem before my last two golf clubs all had pine trees but this new course I’ve just joined has trees that drop there leaves.
It’s brutal it’s hide and seek if you don’t hit the fairway lol I lost two balls today and almost a 3rd but eventually found it.
I took a photo leaves at my place and brown and white on the other side so I’m thinking about maybe playing yellow balls in winter hopefully they stand out better. It’s a real struggle with white balls.
View attachment 50152
That looks like a fairly light scattering to me. Give it another couple of weeks there'll be more leaves than fairway at our place. Anywhere near a tree you need to hit a provisional in November. And we have many, many trees - all deciduous.

oleinone

Visit site
A mate started playing with half blue/half yellow. He insisted that they were great for lining up putts. If they ended up blue side up in the rough, they weren't great for being easy to find.

Skytot

Visit site
I’m colour blind and I’ve told my maté numerous times don’t use red or orange balls . He doesn’t listen to me . I basically have to stand on them to find them

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not colour blind, but fairly often I have no idea where my tee has gone, assuming it's flown off the tee box somewhere, then someone points it out to me and it's about 12 inches from where I teed it up. So weird how it disappears from view somehow.