What Tees Do You Use?

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Plain wooden tees and any old crappy bits I find laying about for iron shots, but sometimes I dont use any at all.

Screwback

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Silver castle tees for the driver & any broken one for everything else. Shame about the silver ones they are a nightmare to find I lose loads :(

Here's a tip for you...

Wrap 1 turn of electrical tape around the tee, preferably Red or white. Makes them loads easier to find.

A lad i play with ties the elctrical tape and a string with nuts.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A lad i play with ties the elctrical tape and a string with nuts.

I was told a few weeks ago that it would be illegal to do that in a comp because it could be classed as an alignment aid.

Don't really see it myself but not all the rules are sensible imo.

D

Deleted member 1740

Used to use the white and blue wooden tees but i've found them a bit too big so i'm now using the white/yellow tees for both driver and irons.

mjsw13

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Plastic all the way - wooden tees snap with just one hit. Pink castles for driver (back wind), low plastic tees (any colour) for any other tee shot.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
White wooden tees only anything else would be wrong

Merry Christmas Freddie :)

Zoom-american-golf-100-pk-wooden-te.jpg

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
white/yellow for the driver (slowhand sink it wherever you like - top or bottom either will be consistent).

red or blue castle for the irons, or a finder for short par 3's

I'm finding I tend to tee lower lately.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
How many are in that bag for £20

I bought mine off ebay, 1000 cost me £8 plus P&P but they are one smacks I never have to look for them as they seem to smash into pieces, maybe not the value I expected.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I don't get how people break wooden tees. Mine last at least one round each, and mostly get thrown away when I have chipped off enough of the top that the ball won't stay on. What the heck are you lot doing? 1000 tees would last me a life time. Longer even. I only break it if I put a terrible swing on it.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Maybe, but my home track has been like concrete this year what with not much rain, and I still don't have an issue. That said, not much of the tee gets stuck in the ground, so I tend to just knock them over.