What Tees Do You Use?

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What colour/kind of tees does everyone use? (Or am I the only mad man that it makes any difference too?)

Personally, I am a white wooden man (if I can say that nowadays)...only white, never any other colour, logos are ok but not Titleist - I had some a while ago and it made my driving awful....

Par 3's - only broken ones I find on the tee and again only white wooden ones....

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
I use pride golf tees the white withe a bit of red for most clubs and the white yellow with irons

White tees only for me and not plastic

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I use those white ones with the blue marking on them - can't remember the name - to get a similar height for the driver. Fairways,hybrids and irons get the broken tees. But always wood - always - don't mind the colour except green. What idiot thought that green tees would be a good idea?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I bought a box of 1,000 plain wooden ones from a guy on ebay. Cost me about £14.00 but a lot cheaper than keep buying bags of 10 or 20 in the pro shop for £1.50 a time.
I only like using wooden tees, don't really mind what colour they are. I have an aversion towards plastic tees and even if I find a brand new one on the teeing area I will give it to a playing partner.
Bloody stupid I know, but if I tee my ball up on a plastic tee I just know I'm going to hit a duff one! The mind plays funny tricks on you!

:D :D :D :D

DCB

Visit site
I use plain wooden tees for the driver. Got them in bulk from Gamola some time ago, still working through a large bag. For irons I use the small red castle tees. Don't have any superstitions or anything like that, if needs must I can use almost anything for either woods or irons.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Silver castle tees for the driver & any broken one for everything else. Shame about the silver ones they are a nightmare to find I lose loads :(

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure of the length, but they are wooden golf pride with the yellow stripe for the driver. I use a any broken wooden tee lying around for any iron, hybrid or 3-wood off the tee. I usually find one still stuck in the ground and just drop the ball on it :D

I used to use the red striped ones for the drive but found them a little short sometimes.

Yerman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used white wooden ones until I found 2 pink plastic castle tees at the driving range and found my driving much more consistant -I hate pink but I hate driving badly more.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Used to use pik castle ones for my driver but they are a little too short, so have gone back to white wooden ones. Like the idea of the ones with colour markings for consistent height. Are you supposed to put the tee into the ground until the bottom ofthe colour band it as the ground, or until the whole of the colour band is in the ground?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Used white wooden ones until I found 2 pink plastic castle tees at the driving range and found my driving much more consistant - I hate pink but I hate driving badly more.

Nice :cool:

I hate the Pink castles but on my day I'm splendid off this height.
(and modest too!)
Sometimes I go for mega-launch with a Silver and do the j.u.ok/cabrerra idea of keeping on the back foot.

Fun, fun, fun.....and long too. (well, for me!)

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
Silver castle tees for the driver & any broken one for everything else. Shame about the silver ones they are a nightmare to find I lose loads :(

Here's a tip for you...

Wrap 1 turn of electrical tape around the tee, preferably Red or white. Makes them loads easier to find.

geejayboy28

Club Champion
Visit site
I use the big 'silver castle' tees with my driver with the prevailing wind, but a smaller wooden 'white' into the wind. and mostly broken tees on the par 3's