What starts the back swing?

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
As the title says .....what should start your swing. Arms? hips? hands.

At what point should each start to move / turn??

Cheers all

A

Alex1975

Cheers all

So many questions in so few words :D

Cheers all
ideally the triangle of arms and shoulders should start off as one

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site

Cheers all
Why so technical ?? tee ball , club back & straight through , its a sport not a science at our level .. just go out for a couple of rounds & swing ,, youl be amazed how little you need to know to hit a ball .. Get a tempo that works for you , never mind the technical bit

A

Alex1975

Cheers all
Why so technical ?? tee ball , club back & straight through , its a sport not a science at our level .. just go out for a couple of rounds & swing ,, youl be amazed how little you need to know to hit a ball .. Get a tempo that works for you , never mind the technical bit

I think your comment in your bio after you handicap string tells us you dont believe a word you said in this post :D

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site

Cheers all

I think your comment in your bio after you handicap string tells us you dont believe a word you said in this post :D
i dont understand what you mean ?? im sickened that im off 10 again yeah coz i wana be as low as i can be . but ive been down to 8 , bounced around 9 & now at 10.. all without geting over technical .. as for posting something i dont believe a word of ? why would anyone do that.. new baby means i dont get to play midweek as much any more but the handicap rise is down to lack of play .. when i get back to playing more often the handicap will come down again withot anything technical been added ..

A

Alex1975

Cheers all

i dont understand what you mean ?? im sickened that im off 10 again yeah coz i wana be as low as i can be . but ive been down to 8 , bounced around 9 & now at 10.. all without geting over technical .. as for posting something i dont believe a word of ? why would anyone do that.. new baby means i dont get to play midweek as much any more but the handicap rise is down to lack of play .. when i get back to playing more often the handicap will come down again withot anything technical been added ..

Easy tiger, it was a joke. If you want to be serious its easy for someone with talent to say "just hit it", what if he spends 3 rounds taking your advice and walks up and just hits it but he hits it with the face open or casting over the top or any number of faults... what a waist of 3 rounds of golf and maybe very little fun.

Some people want to get technical, they want and need to understand the swing and there swing.

Again, I was joking but "just hit it" must be the stupidest bit of advice to give in an "ask the experts" section of the forum. Why have a forum at all if all we need to do is just hit it?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site

Cheers all

Easy tiger, it was a joke. If you want to be serious its easy for someone with talent to say "just hit it", what if he spends 3 rounds taking your advice and walks up and just hits it but he hits it with the face open or casting over the top or any number of faults... what a waist of 3 rounds of golf and maybe very little fun.

Some people want to get technical, they want and need to understand the swing and there swing.

Again, I was joking but "just hit it" must be the stupidest bit of advice to give in an "ask the experts" section of the forum. Why have a forum at all if all we need to do is just hit it?
No bother i was just giving my opinion didnt realise it was stupid , my apologies for that. :( :D probably at 10 handicap (sickened :D) i shouldnt be answering in "ask the expert section" anyhow , it just seemed to me he was geting wrapped up been too technical & he should just go play a few rounds without complicating things ,

A

Alex1975

You have totally taken what I said out of context and jumped to the defense of a joke very quickly. Maybe Mr super uber 10 handicapper could have just answered when the OP starts his down swing like he asked. You can put your views in his next "how should I go about golfing in a really general way" post.

Try to be a little less confrontational please, I don't come here to fight, I have a wife for that.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
You have totally taken what I said out of context and jumped to the defense of a joke very quickly. Maybe Mr super uber 10 handicapper could have just answered when the OP starts his down swing like he asked. You can put your views in his next "how should I go about golfing in a really general way" post.

Try to be a little less confrontational please, I don't come here to fight, I have a wife for that.
No bother at all man as i say just gave my opinion ,which was to go out & just play a few rounds & build up a tempo .. as for confrontational , you reckon my post was the stupidest ans youve ever heard .. & now you are referring to me as "mr super uper 10 handicapper" ?? guess we just agree to disagree eh .. Have a good day

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rather than handbags on the 1st green, is anyone going to have a crack at the question.

I'm intrigued....

I think I just turn my left shoulder under and let the rest do it's thing. I'm sure that's not right... :eek:

Might explain why my swing is crap. :eek:

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rather than handbags on the 1st green, is anyone going to have a crack at the question.

I'm intrigued....

I think I just turn my left shoulder under and let the rest do it's thing. I'm sure that's not right... :eek:

Might explain why my swing is crap. :eek:

The handbags is fun!!! :D

Crap swing and you play of 12 maybe u just hit and hope ......looks for closed eyes smiley ;)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The only thing I try not to do is to pick the club up with my hands. Just turn arms and shoulders as a unit for the first foot or so.

May not be right but it helps me.

BogeyHole

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

asked and answered in Post #4 ;)

Isn't it post number five? :D

I was thinking of calling it reply number 4, but of course that has a totally different meaning.

Now we can either start an arguement about how many degrees in pendantry you have to have to have spotted this, or we can just accept that the original post ( number 5 that is )..

is totally and completely the right answer IMO.

:p