What starts the back swing?

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why did my serious thread about the science behind the swing get hijacked into a load of pointless arguments it would appear the Ask the experts section is indeed full of expert toss*rs :D :D :D :D :D :D

Except for Bob who never bothered to reply :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rather than handbags on the 1st green, is anyone going to have a crack at the question.

asked and answered in Post #4 ;)

Yes....of course, your comment is 100% correct, but I think what some of us are after is not so much what happens, but how to "feel" it happening.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why did my serious thread about the science behind the swing get hijacked into a load of pointless arguments it would appear the Ask the experts section is indeed full of expert toss*rs :D :D :D :D :

Well at least you fit in then.

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why did my serious thread about the science behind the swing get hijacked into a load of pointless arguments it would appear the Ask the experts section is indeed full of expert toss*rs :D :D :D :D :

Well at least you fit in then.

Ouch Chris that hurts mine was a very tongue in cheek comment sorry if I offended u!!!!

Rather than handbags on the 1st green, is anyone going to have a crack at the question.

Yes....of course, your comment is 100% correct, but I think what some of us are after is not so much what happens, but how to "feel" it happening.
'Feel' like the triangle created between your arms and shoulders moves away as a single unit

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site

'Feel' like the triangle created between your arms and shoulders moves away as a single unit

Now you're just winding me up. :rolleyes:

Now you're just winding me up. :rolleyes:

sorry but it's hard to translate 'feel' by text on a forum

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site

I know, it's tough.

I did a bit of reading around and quite a few folk reckon moving the club away from the ball with the hands leads to a quick loss of the triangle (unity). One good thing I read was to start the backswing simply by feeling you are turning the chest over the right leg....i.e. by not moving anything independently. I quite like this idea. I've just tried it on the patio.

Any good?

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site

I know, it's tough.

I did a bit of reading around and quite a few folk reckon moving the club away from the ball with the hands leads to a quick loss of the triangle (unity). One good thing I read was to start the backswing simply by feeling you are turning the chest over the right leg....i.e. by not moving anything independently. I quite like this idea. I've just tried it on the patio.

Any good?
Rg thanks for that reply that makes a lot of sense