What sort of baller are you?

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
What ball are you going to play this spring /summer and why?isit cost?performance ?ect

I’m curious because I overthink everything I do especially golf and have always played pro v1 since I was in my teens so maybe it’s a confidence thing .

Am I consistent enough for the ball to make that much of a difference!?probably not!But I like a ball to check up with the wedges and stop dead with a short iron but also give me distance off the tee (I don’t ask for much )I am giving the tp5s a go this summer though as they been recommended by a few .
Do others stick to the same ball all summer to give consistency or just lucky dip every round ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used prov1 for years but have decided to play pro v1x this year.
Stopping power ,higher flight.
Knowing distances from one ball is important to me.
Not really bothered about durability as I use a new one every comp.
4 for 3 just ordered.

Hackers76

Visit site
AD333 Tour for me in the summer. Has a decent feel around the greens and is at a better price point for my level / how many I lose compared to the main premium balls. Use the standard AD333 during the winter

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I don’t buy new balls anymore, worked my way through brand new tour preferred, prov1’s, chromesoft and TP5’s. I’ve then bought Pearl grade off eBay and honestly cannot tell the difference. I also seem to find loads of prov1’s at my home course. I’m not sure if it’s coincidence or not but last summer I did seem to get on best with prov1’s and BRIDGESTONE b330rxs.

For me, I test a few balls and find one I like and play it. Then try something else when I fancy a change

Last edited:

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Chrome soft and simply because they can be found cheap (I buy at £19-21 a dozen) and perform every bit as well as any other premium ball. Why would I pay more
Chrome soft is one ball I’ve never tried hear good things about them regular

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yellow Project a's from taylormade,

used to play the AD333, great ball really like it, but won 2 dozen pro v1's and found i quite liked the feel of them.

Looked around and bought a box of project a's to see if they were an good "less expensive" ball, love them can't fault them for the price :)

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Titleist AVX yellow for me. As my eyesight is getting worse I can see a yellow ball better. Perhaps when the proV1 comes out in yellow later in the year I'll try that.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Ive been having a play with the new Callaway Supersoft Magna oversized ball in recent weeks.

Quite impressed.... feels nice off the putter and wedges... certainly far better than most other sub £20 balls and as good as many higher priced ball.... I'd say its similar in feel to a Titling Tour Soft.

Was going to play the AVX this coming year but may well have a few more rounds with the Magna before committing to the more expensive ball.

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Probably the pro v, been trying the AVX lately and like that also , it’s a bit softer sounding off the driver and putter , still a work in progress

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
ProV1 user here. I have tried others and keep coming back. It’s all in my head, but when I stand over a ProV1 it gives me confidence.

Just ordered the 4-for-3 promotion, and opted for the yellow ball this time round