What sort of baller are you?

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
What has it got to do with you. As it happens I've had a few interesting offers regarding my youtube and some collaborations in that time frame which has forced me to kick start myself again to make some new content and the ball tests seems a quick and easy starting point. Your obvious interest is touching
What’s your YouTube channel I’ll have a look at your review

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
first round with a Prov1X today, first time in almost 5 months, been using a soft ball over winter, pleasant surprise was, didn't appear to lose any distance and a guarantee the ball would stop on the green

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I played 9 holes with an AVX last night, I've since bought 20 Grade A's to practice with down the practice ground and get a feel for.

I'm a very high launch / high spin player and they honestly seem to be suiting me better than anything else. Lower launch and less spin than the Pro V1 and as I play courses that are seemingly always windy it just seems like its something I could switch to.

I prefer the feel of the Pro V1, they do spin more around the greens etc. but to be honest losing a few hundred rpm's won't hurt anyway I can get used to it.

It's hard to tell any distance gains on the course even when hitting a pro v1 along side it over 9 holes however I do feel it has a few extra yards in it for me due to the preferable launch and spin conditions for someone like me.

Dispersion seemed slightly better too, I have no issue with my current shot shape however shots had a tendency to draw slightly less with the AVX.

Fortunately I bought the 4 dozen pro v1's from a local supplier who are happy to trade them for AVX if I should decide to make the switch.

I always looked down on the AVX through snobbery, thinking it wasn't a worthy equal to it's 2 counterparts. Found one, played it and honestly think it's what I've been looking for.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I played 9 holes with an AVX last night, I've since bought 20 Grade A's to practice with down the practice ground and get a feel for.

I'm a very high launch / high spin player and they honestly seem to be suiting me better than anything else. Lower launch and less spin than the Pro V1 and as I play courses that are seemingly always windy it just seems like its something I could switch to.

I prefer the feel of the Pro V1, they do spin more around the greens etc. but to be honest losing a few hundred rpm's won't hurt anyway I can get used to it.

It's hard to tell any distance gains on the course even when hitting a pro v1 along side it over 9 holes however I do feel it has a few extra yards in it for me due to the preferable launch and spin conditions for someone like me.

Dispersion seemed slightly better too, I have no issue with my current shot shape however shots had a tendency to draw slightly less with the AVX.

Fortunately I bought the 4 dozen pro v1's from a local supplier who are happy to trade them for AVX if I should decide to make the switch.

I always looked down on the AVX through snobbery, thinking it wasn't a worthy equal to it's 2 counterparts. Found one, played it and honestly think it's what I've been looking for.
they are a good ball, but at the same or almost the same cost, for me its not worth it. i have hundreds of new or almost (at least good enough for a comp) so its not worth buying them, though if i they were significantly cheaper... if i were buys ball anyway i may be swayed

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site

I played last Monday with someone using a AVX and he loved them he seemed to get very low launch with them but they suit his game and plays well enough with them .If I find one I’ll give it a go but at the moment I have plenty of standard pro vs to get through the season plus some tp5s which I’m going to test against the next few weeks .

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Disappointed the pro shop had no ERC balls in so going to have to go hunting for some tomorrow along with the Pinnacle Softs to test. Just for the heck of it and it was dry on the course go the premium balls out again. Definitely still a distance drop off compared to the firmer ones I use but getting some roll at last and almost felt like Summer out there. Just need to get some grass around the greens and on the fairways again.

Wolf

Visit site
Disappointed the pro shop had no ERC balls in so going to have to go hunting for some tomorrow along with the Pinnacle Softs to test. Just for the heck of it and it was dry on the course go the premium balls out again. Definitely still a distance drop off compared to the firmer ones I use but getting some roll at last and almost felt like Summer out there. Just need to get some grass around the greens and on the fairways again.
https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/aca...KeIExK_RGVQb9xKLOZpTh0gtEf4S6gcRoC7NkQAvD_BwE

Nice cheap dozen there Homer, if. You like them got a cheap ball if not got some for the practice bag at decent price.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I play whatever I get a deal on. I still have a couple of sleeves of Nike Rzn balls (they must be a year old by now), after that I have a AD333 tour box I picked up for a good price on Amazon on Black Friday.

When I had to buy outside a deal it is usually Taylormade Project(a) balls. I got a free box when subscribing to GM and just keep buying the same since.
I am on my last sleeve of Nike balls now by putting one in the lake.

Put a found ProV1 into play and hit it straight back into the bushes. I don’t think I ever played a ProV1 ball for more than 1 holes or touched it with a putter. Ever. Maybe I getcstage fright and can’t step up to the occasion.

Wolf

Visit site
Cheers for that. Was hoping to get out early next week to film so having to wait a few days not ideal. Might slide to my local AG tomorrow but it's a great plan B and might simply do other filming first until the balls arrive
I'm interested in your video on these Homer.

Today I bought a sleeve of 3 for the sum total of £3, as I'm hitting the ball like an Orangutan swinging a snake so though put a cheap sleeve in the bag as likely to lose a ball or 2 today. Ended up putting one in play for the whole of our back 9, once I got past the name I actually quite liked it and performed well and felt decent off the putter to. So maybe keep a cheeky sleeve in the bag at £12 a dozen it'll help as a reload ball of nothing else.