What sort of baller are you?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Firmer ball like the AD333 in winter and then when it dries out any premium ball but usually a Pro V or Chrome Soft. Have been using AD333 tour as the middle ground and it gives me more distance and still stops reasonably even on summer greens

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I still have two dozen Taylormade Project S from last year (I got four dozens for free for ball testing), so I will continue to play those til they're gone. It is a pretty decent ball. After that I will either go back to the Srixon UltiSoft or the Wilson Dx2 soft women, denpending on which is cheaper at our pro shop at the time.

I have very low swing speeds, so I always try to find soft, low compression balls. I'm not too worried about spin. My goal is first and foremost to get it to the green, I don't have the skills to make it drop and stop close to the flag anyway.

But I am not overly picky, I'll happily play any found balls as well if they are not too scruffy, especially for social and practice rounds and I don't notice any real difference between different models usually.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve got Bridgestone e6’s that I picked up for £12 a box. I’ll use those unless it’s really dry or drying up and I’ll play pro v1.
I play early in the morning so with dew and watered greens, that extra 600rpm I’ll get is out the window.

D

Deleted member 1418

Pro v1x - use them all year round.

Tried out the Vice equivalent for a while last year and they were good, but found they were losing their whiteness towards the end of the round.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
usually use a Prov1 (which i have hundreds) but experimenting with softer balls this winter and currently Trailing the Wilson Duo Professional, which you can pick up for £25 a box of 12. Only going onto summer layouts on the courses up here this week so the real test is will they stop once the greens all firm up

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been playing Wilson Staffs through the winter, but I already have two boxes of Titleist DT Trusofts that I bought when they were cheap on Clubhouse. I've always liked it when using ones I found, so I'm making them my main ball for this year, now the weather is hopefully on the up.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Currently finishing off a box of Project (a) which I like very much. Got a box of Bridgestone RX330 and a box of ProV1 in the garage. Mostly I'll play any 3 or 4 piece ball made by Titleist, Wilson Staff, TM or Bridgestone, whichever come in cheaper when the need to purchase arises.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Down to my last couple of sleeves of Snell MTBs, they're probably past their best now having bought 8 boxes a couple of years ago so will be quite glad to see the back of them, then I've 3 sleeves of Mizuno MPs after that I'm back to the old familiar Pro-V

D

Deleted member 21258

Normally any ball found or 1 of the 500 srixon distance lake balls bought for £80.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
I have switched from the Prov1 to the AVX this year, due to the lower ball flight. I also find them more durable than the Prov1.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My preferences are 3 or more piece construction
soft feel (particularly with the putter)
Excellent greenside spin some of which I will give up in winter
I am happy to give up some distance in favour of control
Reasonably durable - if I get 2 rounds out of ball I am happy
Price

What I have at the moment

1st Version Bridgestone B330 RXS for summer fast green play2nd and 3rd (nearly out of them)
1st and second version B330 RX for slower green winter use
Wilson Staff DX3 Urethane winter or summer for fast greens
Dunlop DP1V3 definitely for slower green winter use but have yet to try them out in the warm weather with fast greens.

Would use but only if they were significantly cheaper
TM TP5, Titleistprov1

mister v

Visit site
TP5X all season for me. I bought a box of 50 from one of the lakeballs companies and im not going to chop and change or keep looking at new ball deals all the time. plus its a nice ball