What Should I do?

gazr99

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm a 20 handicapper that hasn't played a lot over the last few years, but do plan to this year.

I recently made a change in my bag, getting rid of my old 4 & 7 woods and 3 iron. Which I replaced with new Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 5 woods as well as a Taylormade Jetspeed Hybrid (19 degree).

I'm starting to get the hang of the new clubs seem to find the fairway woods go very high, which is affecting distance. So much so my hybrid is going as far if not further than the 5 wood.

What should I do?

I have considering returning the 5 wood and then purchasing buying a gap wedge. Thoughts?

Sybez

Challenge Tour Pro
www.digitalberry.co.uk
Your right in that you don't want clubs to overlap each other for distance in a bag setup. However, consider the different flights you are getting with them and don't forget to add in roll now that the summer is coming. Try and setup the bag on the carry distance of each club, but be aware that the longer irons may roll out more, and the hybrid is design to fly higher for longer and land soft (when hit correctly). Remember also, you want your average distance, not your Sunday best of each club as at your current level you are unlikely to hit that perfect distance each time you pull that club out of the bag.

All in, you are coming back to the game after a lay off, so I would go out there and play for fun, don't get too caught up in the seriousness of shots. When practicing, work on one thing at a time. Personally always got for quality of strike over max distance of each club.