What shot / club is your biggest weakness?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in an Open yesterday and one of our group of 3 had a putting nightmare. Anything within 3ft, he twitches and jabs at. He 3 putted multiple times, a real horror show. He has never been a good putter but he has definitely got worse.

Driving back with the other player we started chatting about which shot let him down in the same way, not as severely though. His reply was wedge, 70-80yds in. He tries a full wedge, 3/4 PW, just can't get it right. We chatted about how he is going to try to aim for 100yds and out as an experiment, he hits that shot well.

For me, 130-140yds, 7 iron. It is annoyingly hit and miss, more miss than hit. It's a regular distance so I need to find a way to play it better.

So, which club is your nemesis?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Chips over bunker/trouble. I much prefer to bump and run and 8 iron onto the green but if I have to go over anything from about 20-30 yards out then it is mostly fats into the trouble and thins through the green :cry:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not so much the club on its own but a particular shot with the 54 degree wedge, when I want to bump & run it but only want it to be airborne for about 4-5ft
Too often I get cutesy (scared) with it and only goes 1ft !

RichA

Visit site
Hands down it's driver for me.
My distance is good - If I can keep it in play then I'm almost competing with the single handicappers.
Unfortunately, about 1 in 4 drives is subject to a bad 2-way miss and probably adds 6 shots to my average round. And if I leave the driver at home then I'm losing a huge amount of distance that has even more impact on my scores.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I have 4 wedges, 52,56 and 60, plus pitching wedge.

Having that many has damaged my game inside 100 yards. If I’m at 70 yards i don't know which club to hit or how hard to strike it.

I should really take the 52 and 60 out of the bag. I’m sure it would positively affect my game.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Probably the flop shot closely followed by almost any shot from a bunker......
Easily solved by not short-siding myself and then leaving the flop in the sand..
Easy game really

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not so much the club on its own but a particular shot with the 54 degree wedge, when I want to bump & run it but only want it to be airborne for about 4-5ft
Too often I get cutesy (scared) with it and only goes 1ft !
I can't play this shot with a wedge either, I just use a 7 or 9 iron, toe down and a putting stroke.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
For me, 130-140yds, 7 iron. It is annoyingly hit and miss, more miss than hit. It's a regular distance so I need to find a way to play it better.
Hit a punch shot with 5 iron.
Down the grip, narrow stance, half swing
Chips over bunker/trouble. I much prefer to bump and run and 8 iron onto the green but if I have to go over anything from about 20-30 yards out then it is mostly fats into the trouble and thins through the green :cry:
Try and hit the ball under the shaft.

chips / putts just off the green, if I put I ram it past if I chip i duff it
Hi backswing, low follow through

Try less loft
Unfortunately, about 1 in 4 drives is subject to a bad 2-way miss and probably adds 6 shots to my average round.
A 2-way miss is caused by a poor grip
I should really take the 52 and 60 out of the bag. I’m sure it would positively affect my game.

Or replace the 56 and 60 with a 58

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Long irons

3-5 irons , plenty of times seem to have the face too open at impact pushing the ball , most of it’s down to going at the ball too hard
I'm sure this is a good part of the issue for me with the 7. If I hit it like a PW I'd be better off but it's a fight not too add that extra oommpph on the downswing and it goes pear shaped.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Fairway woods for me. Although I've improved a little bit I'm never confident with one in my hand. I'm trying to improve because I need them for 180-210 yards.