What Putter?

Shooter_McGavin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What putter is everyone using at the minute? I have just got a Scotty Newport 2 Detour- By far the most i've ever spent on a putter but i figured its the most important club in the bag and i love it.

Whats everyone using and how are they getting on with it?

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball Blade. Nice soft feel off the face and great for alignment. Don't think I could ever go back to a putter which wasn't face-balanced.

My old putter is a Ping A-Blade and it feels so hard off the face and difficult to hit the sweet spot on longer putts. Glad I changed.

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
I have a White Hot XG number 5 and i love it. I had wanted a centre shafted putter for months and finally went for this one. It feels great and helps so much with alignment.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any suggestions on a good putter at a reasonable price. I cannot justify £100 plus on any club at the moment but am just not getting on with the one that I have.

jade09

Visit site
Ping G2 Tess - nice balance; love the classic, plain look. It doesn't have a sight aide on it like most putters these days but I don't think it matters. Bought it a couple of years ago for around £55 so its not expensive.

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve recently got myself a Yes ‘Carolyne’ centre shafted putter and love it to bits. It’s the best £99 I’ve spent on golf kit in a while.

Had an Oddyssey DFX 2 Ball before that but never really putted particularly consistently with it.

DHM.

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My three year old Odyssey two ball has revolutionised my game - I now never three putt (well hardly ever!).

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has anyone got any thoughts on the Yes 'Natalie' or the Ping UG-LE. I am going out to try some putters at the weekend and those 2 have caught my eye.

oasis90

Hacker
Visit site
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2. Had it for years and absolutely love it. Will never ever change it. Remember.. it's the idiot golfer on the end of the putter that misses putts, not the putter itself...