What one course has disappointed you?

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Woodhall Spa Hotchkin.

Went with such high expectations and a big build up, which probably didnt help, and never felt like it hit those heights!

I didn't play overly well, so maybe another trip someday when I'm playing better may change my current thoughts.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Woodhall Spa Hotchkin.

Went with such high expectations and a big build up, which probably didnt help, and never felt like it hit those heights!

I didn't play overly well, so maybe another trip someday when I'm playing better may change my current thoughts.

Go back and try again.

Only been once ( must go back) its a fantastic course worthy of its standing / reputation.

D

Deleted member 1418

Don't think I've ever been really disappointed by a top course. There are a couple - The Shire and The Centurion - that I could see are going to be very good courses once they mature a bit longer but wouldn't stop me going back.

But there's certainly a few near me that I've played and would never go back to as I only played them with mates who had only started playing.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Trevose for me. The middle section of holes are appalling

See what you mean...Played there today... first four are great..down to the sea, wow! 5, 6 and 7 all rather forgettable....... 8 and 9 ok...10 to 13 ok, then another odd run of holes before decent 16 and 18. Would like to see it in the summer, but their summer fee seems high based on what I saw. Enjoyable overall, but surprised how high some rate it.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Temple. Both times I've played it it wasn't very good condition, once with rotting grass on some of the fairways. Harleyford on the other side of the river is much superior.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Hate to say it, but West Sussex disappointed me.
Had heard so many good things about it, but left me totally underwhelmed.
Despite playing it on a lovely day and with good company (thank you Richart) I just found it boring.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hate to say it, but West Sussex disappointed me.
Had heard so many good things about it, but left me totally underwhelmed.
Despite playing it on a lovely day and with good company (thank you Richart) I just found it boring.
Of all the top courses I’ve played it’s the one that I thought was most overrated.

However, I intend on entering their men’s open again next year to take another look

D

Deleted member 17920

Of all the top courses I’ve played it’s the one that I thought was most overrated.

However, I intend on entering their men’s open again next year to take another look
Be interested to hear what you think 2nd time around Sam.

I played it in July during the heatwave and thought it was a lovely course.

mister v

Visit site
Celtic Manor 2010 course
Old Course at Villamoura
Brabazon was very average
The Shire is terrible

completely agree with the 2010 course...... i found it long and dull
the brabazons signature holes were nice and I've played it a few times but they were doing work on a few holes and a jcb in the fairway wasn't a movable hazard
I liked the old course at villamoura
Havent really heard a good word about the Shire

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Archerfield links (both courses) really underwhelmed me. Don’t get me wrong not the worst courses ever but considering the perceived prestige and cost to be a member etc I thought they were very average courses

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Archerfield links (both courses) really underwhelmed me. Don’t get me wrong not the worst courses ever but considering the perceived prestige and cost to be a member etc I thought they were very average courses

Better than average but nowt "special" I would concur.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

I felt a bit "meh" standing on the 1st tee! What a boring opener. Nothing visually attractive about it, And sadly, that's how I continued to feel all the way around.
Wife was "caddying" for me that day and I couldn't say too much as she had treated me to the round for my birthday.
But I've played far more interesting courses that haven't even appeared in Top 100 picks.