What one course has disappointed you?

D

Deleted member 15344

Agree with lots of the above.

The Grove
The Shire
Princes
Frilford

but the biggest turd has got to be Cinque Ports, just don't get it. Boring holes, no views of the sea, unfair bounces and terrible condition for parts of the year
😲 unfair bounces 😂 - that’s called links golf - Cinque ports is one of the best I have played and this year was in far better condition than both of its neighbours

brfcfan

Visit site
Archerfield.
You have to be kidding, Fidra Links is in my top 5, I assume you must mean the other one which is OK
Archerfield links (both courses) really underwhelmed me. Don’t get me wrong not the worst courses ever but considering the perceived prestige and cost to be a member etc I thought they were very average courses
Funny how we have different views, I thought the Fidra was something special, definitely in my top 10. The Direiton I agree was average

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
You have to be kidding, Fidra Links is in my top 5, I assume you must mean the other one which is OK

Funny how we have different views, I thought the Fidra was something special, definitely in my top 10. The Direiton I agree was average

Fidra better than Dundonald?

😂😂😂😂😂😂

D

Deleted member 17920

The Grove
The Shire
Princes
Frilford

but the biggest turd has got to be Cinque Ports, just don't get it. Boring holes, no views of the sea, unfair bounces and terrible condition for parts of the year

RCP boring holes and unfair bounces 😂😂

I guess you are not a links fan by some posts.

You’ve given me a laugh.

Wolf

Visit site

The Grove
The Shire
Princes
Frilford

I'm guessing you scores crap around RCP and Princes oh and most other links courses you mentioned.

RCP is a great test of golf, the game wasn't designed to be fair and RCP is a true reflection of links golf.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
[QUOTE="brfcfan, post: 1928982, member: 1]
but the biggest turd has got to be Cinque Ports, just don't get it. Boring holes, no views of the sea, unfair bounces and terrible condition for parts of the year[/QUOTE]

Wow
RCP is a lot of things, turd isn’t one of them.
Fairways and Greens were superb last month.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Wow
Fairways and Greens were superb last month.[/QUOTE]

RCP is magnificent even in the appalling weather we had recently during the forum Kent Links meet !

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site

See my other post #57.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Wow
Fairways and Greens were superb last month.[/QUOTE]
Can't argue. Immaculately presented, friendly welcome off the course and a proper test of golf links style. No way can it be called turd. I think if you can't accept bad bounces playing links golf you shouldn't be playing that type of course.

sunshine

Visit site
Royal Liverpool. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great course and it was in lovely condition, I just expected more from an Open venue. The holes at the far end are more interesting but those near the clubhouse are a bit dull. And the torrential rain and gale force winds didn't help.

Also, another vote for Forest of Arden. Decent back nine but it is overshadowed by the soul-less emptiness of the front nine. Do not understand why this is viewed as a prestige course.