What do you think about this?.. Online Shaft Fitter.

A

Alex1975

Hi all,

I am aware that this is a guide and is not the way to be fitted but I was interested in it on its own merrits. Does it have any use, when you put your specs in does your shaft come up? Any comments would be interesting.

http://www.truetemper.com/shaftfit/

Al

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It came out as Project x 6.0 and on a proper test just a few weeks ago I was assesed at (and bought) Project x 5.5 - so not a bad guestimate imo

Chris

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Trouble is this relies on you telling the truth. If you only hit a 7 iron 120 yards carry and you whack in 160 you would not come up with the correct shaft :D

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was honest ande it gave me dynalight gold in stiff, I have the same shaft in reg, this gives me a slight draw, it may be worth tying a stiff.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did this before and it brought up the same specs again...
My 7 iron is my 150yrd club and it fitted me for S300...

Not sure if thats a good or bad thing as my new Pings are AWT stiff shafts :D

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I answered honestly. I put that I hit a 7 iron 185 yards - there was no place to answer how much thinning it hurt?

Chris

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I answered it honestly and got DYNAMIC GOLD HL S300

Been told by various fitters using trackman etc that I'm not a stiff so it does seem strange. How can it be accurate without hitting a ball and seeing. Not for me

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
7 iron carry 140, standard weight and length, fast tempo

High trajectory = DG S300 HL
Mid trajectory = Rifle 6.0
Low trajectory = S300

Used Rifle 5.5 for years and I can hit my current S300 OK but been hitting a demo club with R300 recently and it feels much better.

If I put in average tempo I get Rifle 5.0 or R300. Maybe I'm not as fast as I think but I've always had a bit of a Nick Price tempo. Blink and you'll miss it.