What Course Are You Looking Forward To Playing 2016?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1740
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

The new year's upon us and with some great tracks already booked, which ones are you looking forward to playing?

I'm playing Trump, Murcar and Carnoustie and Im Looking forward to playing all 3 but Carnoustie for me is the icing on the cake.

D

Deleted member 16999

The new year's upon us and with some great tracks already booked, which ones are you looking forward to playing?

I'm playing Trump, Murcar and Carnoustie and Im Looking forward to playing all 3 but Carnoustie for me is the icing on the cake.

Looking forward to that trip mate, but, looking forward more to 12:30 on Wed 22nd Jun, when I tee off on The Old Course😃

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm also doing the Trump trip, really looking forward to that as I love the big, rolling type links. Also playing Royal Lytham in May which will complete the Open rota courses for me. And St Enodoc's open in Sept, my favourite course :D

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

The Burnside course at Carnoustie is excellent. The last 3 holes on the championship course will torture you!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Last 3? More like last 18!! :D

Agree with the Burnside. Tame opening but some very good holes further round. Probably the best par 3's on the entire complex.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Last 3? More like last 18!! :D

Agree with the Burnside. Tame opening but some very good holes further round. Probably the best par 3's on the entire complex.

I parred 16 and 18 but didn't have a scooby on 17. I chose hitting it up the 18, which would have worked out fine..... If it had stayed in bounds, four inches out!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Aberdeen trip for me as well, but really looking forward to playing Trump's place on my birthday.

St Andrews trip later in the year, and can't wait to play my favourite course, The Old.

Some other top courses in the pipeline with some mates off here.

IM01

Challenge Tour Pro
www.goswicklinksgc.co.uk

Played all 3 and will be really surprised if Trump doesn't come out as the best course on the trip for the majority of golfers.
Forget who owns it the course is as good as any scottish links course.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played all 3 and will be really surprised if Trump doesn't come out as the best course on the trip for the majority of golfers.
Main reason I am going, as the company looks pretty ropey.:whistle:

Have played Carnoustie before on a day even the locals wouldn't go out. It would be nice to be able to actually see the holes I am playing.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking forward to playing Royal Aberdeen in there Open in September as well as our Irish trip in August which might include Tralee which looks fantastic

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Back to Royal st George's in Feb. Hankley common again in April & the summer and all 3 of ballyliffin, portstewart and Royal portrush :thup:

D

Deleted member 17920

Trump trip obviously.

on top off that plenty of courses i regulary play and these new courses that I am looking forward to.

West Lancs
Royal Aberdeen
Whittington Heath
Coventry
Seaton Carew
Hornsea

And looking forward to a return visit to my nemesis Silloth.

Final note quite looking forward to going to play stand a few times next year to collect £10 from the odd one! Easy money.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1740

Looking forward to playing Royal Aberdeen in there Open in September as well as our Irish trip in August which might include Tralee which looks fantastic

I'd love to play Tralee, it looks a monster of a track though.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
nothing special but a few new courses in the diary for 2016,

Royal Norwich
Sheringham
Forest Hill
Morley Hayes
Ombersley
Feldon Valley
Wynchwood
Druids Heath

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd love to play Tralee, it looks a monster of a track though.
It looks fantastic if we go down Limerick way then we will play it, but could be tempted by Carne, Enniscrone and Connemarra and staying in Galway. Tralee is 180 euro which as a one of would be worth it.