What cart bag and why?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have the Callaway Euro G2 bag
It's got all the bits you need, like most of the others, it's light
But the 2 most important points......

1. It was cheap
2. It fits in the boot of my car with all my other kit. Had a PK PVC one and it took up 90% of the boot space...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would recommend Ogio. I had the Atlas and it had everything you could ever need. cooler pocket, valuables pocket, external ball and tee holders, sunglasses pocket, isolation pouch for wet gear the lot. Also has a really good rain hood, 15 way divider, everything. After 3 years of hard use, there was some wear on the strap but nothing else. Ogio only make bags so you are not buying some tat with a golf brand embroidered on it (Cleveland bags, I mean you!!!!).

The Atlas is an old model so not for sale now but could try something like this

http://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/product/4779/ogio-golf-syncro-cart-bag-pinstripe-juice

DCB

Visit site
I've got a Mizuno Tour Cart Bag circa 2008. 14 way divider, long pockets down the sides, good sized ball pocket and valuable pocket. Two cool pockets on side of ball pocket. There is a clip inside one of the pockets for securing keys, and a pocket for your mobile. It's been well used and still looks very good, no loose stitching on zips or damage to the collar at the top of the bag. Ideal in every way.

Not anything I'd say against this model.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I’ve the Mizuno tour cart.

It’s a nice bag, plenty of space for all sorts as it has 4 full length zip pockets as well 2 cold pouches and two other pockets for balls and gloves. Inside one of the full zip pockets are pouches for a phone and change.

Though it has 14 way divider they are not full length and the shafts can sometimes get tangled. The bag could also do with a couple more places to hang things off as it only has one ring attached. So not much room for my numerous bag tags and towel and range finder.

Looks great though in Mizuno Blue & White, so I put up with the short comings.:)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Never, ever buy a cart bag without a seperate putter well.
I lost count of the number of times I had to walk back to pick up my bloody headcover before I changed to a bag that had one.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm now even more confused, shame that new Mizuno aerolite doesnt have external putter compartment nor 14 dividers

SonicBoom

Club Champion
Visit site
I've got a nice Callaway tour bag which is mostly black with red flashy bits. Loads of room but no external tube for the putter.
Only one mention of this so far - it has a spring clip inside one of the pockets so you can clip your keys on and they can't fall out the bag. This is brilliant. I have seen many people panicking on the course or the car park thinking they have dropped their keys somewhere.
I've never had a bag yet where the rain cover was any good. Even on this expensive Callaway several of the poppers came off which is useless.
It also tends to slide around on the trolley making one side pocket harder to reach. Not a big deal but could do without it happening. The bag is great quality and still looks new after 3 years (and several frustrated strikes with a driver lol !!).

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
I've got a Titleist bag that the missus bought from a car boot for £3 (the Old Bag bought me an old bag) . Nothing wrong with it except that it slides around on the trolley because it has a flatish back whereas the trolley has a roundish holder. The trolley is an unbranded one from Argos, can you get them with flatish holders?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've got a TM tour bag because I specifically didn't want one with 14 dividers (hate them with a passion) and it was one of the few TM did without. I can get enough gear in for my use even in winter and it fits lovely on my GK