What cart bag and why?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Looking to buy my first cart bag and just about to buy Mizuno's aerolite bag but there's so many different variations and don't want to get one that's a pain out on the course.

So can you experienced cart bag owners say what's good or bad, what's essential or must haves, whats a pain to have etc etc

Some things I think I want are..
14 full length dividers (to stop all the sticking plus no chatter)
Cool pocket
Large clothes pocket
Do I need a light one as its on a cart?
Separate putter and brolly divider?
Etc etc

So, value for money with practical advantages......
Thanks

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Here's what I use

11.jpg

Yes, It's a tour bag but it fits my Powakaddy Classic Legend a treat and because I have a tendancy to carry far too much crap with me when I play it has plenty of space.

Just my tuppence on the matter.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Thanks Gareth, nice bag, really looking to find out pro's and con's, must haves etc etc for practical use on the course.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Thanks again, rather than just posting what bag you have can you please state why ie pro's and con's so its not just a 'my bag is better' thread.
want to buy by tomorrow.

thanks

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks Gareth, nice bag, really looking to find out pro's and con's, must haves etc etc for practical use on the course.

Ah I see. Sorry Darth mis-understood.

What I look for in a bag (Colour and Brand asside):

Water resistance
Number of pokets, placements and sizes
Waterproof and lined valubles pocket
Can it be easily carried if the "No trolleys" sign is displayed
Number of dividers
Weight

Probably more TBH but my mind has gone balnk....... I need coffee :D

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Currently I use a PowaKaddy Sport cart bag because I have a PowaKaddy trolly and the Key Lock system is extremely good preventing the bag for turning round on the trolly. It does only have 11 dividers but I don't have a problem with that, but if you want a 14 divider bag for a PowaKaddy then I would recommend the Deluxe Nylon bag, although I don't understand why there are 14 dividers plus a seperate putter slot.
Excellent selection of pockets including dry pockets, lined valuable pocket and cool pocket. http://www.powakaddy.com/index.php/bags.html

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I also use a tour bag on my trolley although it comes with a carry strap I wouldnt want to as it weighs a ton when full of gear!

I got it because it looks good and was a bargain off Mr Rick G.

after using for most of this year I have a few niggles that if I were to buy a new cart bag I would definitely want the following

14 way divider
more pockets, as many as possible really
seperate putter well
lightweight... why you ask if its on a trolley? cos its easier to lift off and on the trolley, in and out of the car and into the house afterwards when I am cream crackered

I have a carry bag for when I nip for a quick 9/18 holes

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
They powakaddy deluxe bags are pish (well mine is anyway) within weeks the fabric had come away from the zips and carry handle thus rendering any waterproof aspect null and void also the zips tags have broken on three zips. Worst. Bag. Ever.

A few mates have the titleist staff bag and say it is the best bag they have ever had can't comment personally though.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I got a gokart bag, BTW 14 way divider won't reduce chatter that much as it's primarily caused by the heads knocking together. Best thing for it is head covers on the irons. You can get neoprene ones on ebay which are brilliant for the job with clear windows so you can see the club number.

Advantages:
14 way top with 4 full length separators. Reduces the dreaded shaft tangle.
Magnetic seal Cool pocket for keeping my drinks and choc bars in.
Dry pocket to keep things err dry!
Lined valuables pocket to store phones etc when you on the course.
Good range and placement of pockets. No problem carrying my wet suit, spare towel etc.
Putter well for handiness when on the course. Umber holder placed to front which is ideal for use on trolley, it's also very easy to get the umbrella out quickly.
3 Ball sylo to keep spare balls in easy reach. Holds them securely.
Gokart customer service provides piece of mind. I know that if I ever have a problem they'll sort it.
Nice range of colors to choose from.
Less obvious branding.

Cons:
14 way full length divider would remove all shaft tangle.
Not waterproof. (a can of waterproofing spray reduces this issue but not fully as the zips aren't water proof except on the dry pocket)
Position of towel clip means the towel hangs over the wheel. Longer towels can't be used as they wrap around the wheel so need to stick with shorter ones.
The handles at the top affect how the rain hood fits on, just a minor issue though.
If you overfill the ball pocket you can't really get bottles in the cool pocket as they share space.
Zips not as high quality as more expensive bags but still more than good enough.

Happy_G

Medal Winner
Visit site
http://www.motocaddy.co.uk/uk/pro-series.html
Reasons why:
1. I have a motocaddy trolley so it fits like a glove
2. It has 4 side pockets 2 of which are huge and easily accomodate jumpers and waterproofs
3 It has separators for all the clubs an outside slot for the putter and another for the brolly
4. It has a dry pocket and a cooler pocket plus 2 more front pockets for balls, tees and gloves
5. It has a hard wearing rain cover
6. It's not massively heavy
7. It has a small velcro tag to attach your glove to when putting or having a slash

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
i have motocaddy pro series went with the more expensive pvc finish due to reading about the porous nature of the nylon mesh type bags, gave it a test last week in the rain at the mere and worked a treat everything stayed dry.
putter well is a handy feature after intial thoughts of it being a waste of time!
i would definately recommend a specfic cart bag rather than a tour bag nothing more annoying than not being able to use pockets or struggling to open zips
finally the specific bags for trolleys do seem to aid the use

mark777

Medal Winner
Visit site
Titleist Reverse Cart bag. Lots of pockets including cool pocket, lined valuables pocket, magnetic ball pocket, 2 large pockets for clothing, scorecard pocket, plus numerous small pockets for gloves and tees etc. There is a umbrella sleeve but not one for a putter but the best bit about it and its hard to explain without seeing it in the flesh is tha way it sits on a trolley. It has a flat side to it that goes on to the trolley which means none of the pockets are obstructed.

Mark

FaldosJumper

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
For me...

14 way divider
Soft valuables pocket
PowaKaddy lock system
Expandable side pockets
Cool pocket

And they're all provided with my PowaKaddy deluxe bag... Only shame is its red and white :(

Doc

Head Pro
Visit site
Internal brolly holders result in wet clubs the moment you put your wet brolly back in it, at least on the powacaddy bags.

The PVC powacaddy bag looks good at first, reasonable room and plenty of pockets but the truth is that the space is not that useable and the zips and straps break / wear quickly.

I just bought the Sun Mountain H2n0 staff cart and it is extremely waterproof as long as you keep the zips closed BUT the bag is so lightweight that it easily falls over and the bag and rain cover wear very quickly (one round) where it sits and rubs against the cart, I have had to put cushioning on my cart to stop this.

On the plus side the dividers are just right and there is loads of useable room in the pockets, brolly holder is external and it looks pukka.

Hope this helps

Steve...

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
External brolly holder is a must.

Ease of getting clubs out is somethying I look for (current bag fails miserably).

Glove holder, and place to put gps are useful.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I agree with your list. Mine also have a drinks pocket (lined to keep cool) which is full of tees/markers etc. The ball pocket is so big I tend to have a drink sticking out of it. It also has a locking system on the base of the bag which is good.
The big draw back is the weight. Although my battery as never failed on the course, extra weight must stress it. Its also too heavy to carry, so I always have a pencil bag on call.
I got mine off of Ebay and it cost not alot compared to the big brand bags.