What can I read from this wear pattern??

jeardley

Head Pro
Visit site
Seems to be wearing unevenly on the toe much more than the heal... do I need to have my lie angles checked?

Cheers, Jim.

IMG_0031-1.jpg

jeardley

Head Pro
Visit site
Usually a slight fade, having said that when i'm playing well and my tempo is good i'll tend to play with a draw

With my irons the butt of the club is about wrist distance from my legs, slightly wider with the driver.

Cheers.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bob

Are you younger than me or is your eyesight vastly superior (after all you are a professional)?

I can't make out anything.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not fitting expert, but it looks like the toe is striking the turf before the heel, dragging the heel forward, leading to the diagonal exit shape you see. Basically, the heel is rotating around the toe a bit? Would expect a slight push as well as a fade shape. Worth checking lie as you may need to go more upright.

Looking at the bottom of your clubs, do you see more wear at toe? Ideal lie, loft and strike pattern should see even wear from toe to heel and on the leading edge.

You say when swinging well, your shape is a draw? One reason could be a slightly more inside downswing path giving rise to a flatter and more level club at impact.

Just some thoughts for consideration. You can ignore if needed! :D

jeardley

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for that fellas, will work on setting up a bit further away. Will get some impact tape and check the lies as well just to be sure