What ball do you use?

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Just interested to see what other mid handicappers are using .As a 12 handicapper myself with 95mph swing speed I don't feel I'm getting the maximum benifit from the titleist pro v1 x I been using in the past so looking for a alternative really which won't break the bank .so what ball do you use on a consistent basis and why cheers in advance

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use DX2s because they're cheap and soft. At my level I wouldn't get any benefit from an elite ball. DX2s are good and only 15 or 16 quid usually. Plus they have the Optix ones now as well so I've been using them recently. I've stuck with DX2 for months now and my putting has improved in that time as I'm used to them as well. (Was chopping and changing golf balls before that.)

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Chrome Soft. Switched to using them a couple of years ago and now hate using anything else. To me they feel better than anything I've ever used, spin more around the greens, love the feel off the putter and fly great off the driver. Won't be switching to anything else anytime soon.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
In my last 3 rounds I've used, TP5/Chrome soft/ProV1 and to be honest, yes there are slight differences in feel but none of them has made me play any better or worse.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Few different views coming in ,Ive stuck with the pro v1 x for a good while and after reading up on maybe I'm not getting the max out of them so going to try somthing different ,there's just so many though 😂

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
My preference is a chrome soft. If I have some in the bag that's the one that gets used.

From what I'm currently picking up a huge number of people seem to be using Supersofts - pretty even between those and Pro Vs on most courses I play!

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Used to play chromesoft but this season playing tp5x defo feel like I’ve had a increase in distance but they also feel clickier on chips and puts

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My preference is a chrome soft. If I have some in the bag that's the one that gets used.

From what I'm currently picking up a huge number of people seem to be using Supersofts - pretty even between those and Pro Vs on most courses I play!
I still have some Supersofts at home and in the bag. They're around £20 or under and a good soft ball, which is probably why they're popular.

I think the most common ones I find on courses are either Srixon Soft Feels or a cheaper Titleist like Velocity or NXTs something.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I still have some Supersofts at home and in the bag. They're around £20 or under and a good soft ball, which is probably why they're popular.

I think the most common ones I find on courses are either Srixon Soft Feels or a cheaper Titleist like Velocity or NXTs something.

Srixon soft feel is the one that seems to have fallen away a bit, probably because of competition in that sector and that they were the cheap option but aren't at the supersoft price point. Titelist, below Pro V, are all represented but, as you indicate, by multiple models from DT Solo, Truesoft, Velocity and of course the many variants of NXT.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Srixon soft feel is the one that seems to have fallen away a bit, probably because of competition in that sector and that they were the cheap option but aren't at the supersoft price point. Titelist, below Pro V, are all represented but, as you indicate, by multiple models from DT Solo, Truesoft, Velocity and of course the many variants of NXT.
Yeah, Srixon have flooded the market themselves. They have Soft Feel, AD333, now UltiSoft as well and I've never idea which is meant to be the softest out of those three, or why they even have three different soft balls.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last year I exclusively used AD333 TOUR. This winter I've used all sorts. Callaway CXR, DX2 Optix, Titleist DT Trusoft, Srixon AD333. I'll probably continue mixing all year. I dont feel I'm good enough to benefit from just 1 ball exclusively.

As posted in a thread a couple of weeks ago I have 11 dozen golf balls which I've obtained in various ways, gifts, freebies, brought myself etc that I don't want to buy more balls before I've used them up. So I may be safe until 2020 hopefully :p!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I prefer the latest Callaway balls. I've just run out of my stock of Hex Chrome and now am moving on to the Chrome Soft. I've got them at a decent price and I don't lose too many so why not treat myself?

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Slazenger v300 soft. £9 for 24 from sports direct. Just gone to the orange from plain white. At my level I can't tell the difference between balls

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Mainly Pro v's of either sort outside of winter time. I picked up a few boxes of wrongly logo'd balls for around £25 per box recently

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Wilson DX2 lady ... softest ball ever. Relatively cheap as well. But even if I were willing to spend more, I don't think a more expensive ball would serve me any better. The more expensive models are usually optimized for swing speeds that I just can't produce.