Training Aids - What do you use?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I use a part deflated mini football from AG, tied to a passcard lanyard. Placed between the forearms to maintain connection in the swing. feel like a bit of a dick at the range sometimes, but, it really is a useful way to practice. Justin Rose uses one of these which you can buy this for £30, my homemade one cost nowt.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you got a link to that drill Dan?(y)

Have tried to find one but no-one seems to have a video or an article about it annoyingly. Here's an image of how it looks set-up from one of my lessons though:

drill.jpg

You can then move the basket further to the right to make it a bit more challenging once you get the hang of having it a bit further away. Hope it helps (y)

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
Putting mat and mirror – good for controlling swing on short puts. If you can leave it set up somewhere indoors and practice little and often – this has helped me.

I do use variations of the sticks as mentioned above (for swing plane alignment) Buy a few as you might hit them!

Best improvement has been to video myself on the range with my phone. Hudl technique App, if your pro has it, you can send him your vids (well, the good ones at least😉).
Allows you to draw lines on the video (say, at address) and then very slowly watch your swing and compare hand position and swing plane in all their glory!

If you have the space outside a strike mat and a net may be useful, again allows little and often – good for a bad back.

Got the Zepp electronic thingy you put on your glove and pair with your phone (as a present) has been an eye opener regarding swing tempo.

Good luck.

Bobby19

Visit site
Putting mat and mirror – good for controlling swing on short puts. If you can leave it set up somewhere indoors and practice little and often – this has helped me.

I do use variations of the sticks as mentioned above (for swing plane alignment) Buy a few as you might hit them!

Best improvement has been to video myself on the range with my phone. Hudl technique App, if your pro has it, you can send him your vids (well, the good ones at least😉).
Allows you to draw lines on the video (say, at address) and then very slowly watch your swing and compare hand position and swing plane in all their glory!

If you have the space outside a strike mat and a net may be useful, again allows little and often – good for a bad back.

Got the Zepp electronic thingy you put on your glove and pair with your phone (as a present) has been an eye opener regarding swing tempo.

Good luck.

Does the zepp work and give you useful feedback ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a Carbite putter ball in the bedroom which is rarely used and a 6 iron with a training grip fitted which gets every few weeks.

The latter I feel is something everybody should have as it very easy to let the grip get out of position on the club and is often the reason for a poor ball flight.
I bought a Skilz grip trainer. It makes any club into a training grip, it just clips on ,it’s really good for your orthodox grip if you just get lazy.

D

Deleted member 21258

Granite floor tiles, handy to groove a nice straight putter path.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Dan

Based on this and the other thread, I think we are exactly the same golfer 😂

Inside take away blighted me for years. I’ve used that very same practice aid many times and it works.

I’ve also knocked a range bucket into smithereens once (maybe twice...😂)

Would should start a support group for inside takeaway two iron thinners

Ah

The third founding member of the insider swingers group!

Welcome aboard shipmate (y)

Room for a little one...?

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
The only feature I really focus on at the moment is the tempo, as I tend to be too quick - The video of me shocked me in this sense!
The other parameters are generally ok (show up green) so don't take a lot of notice.
(I may do later once I have improved my tempo result).

For a little widget it works really well and the results it gives generally reflect how you feel the shot went.

The video app is still my fav'

Does the zepp work and give you useful feedback ?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
At home - PuttOUT - which I go through spells of using and then not - depends a bit on how well I'm putting on the course.

At the range - Tour Sticks across my feet line as I tend to get a bit closed in my stance.

Before playing - usually hit a few irons in the practice net and then hit some Air Balls with the driver