Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.3%

• Total voters

NBonfield

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

This month, we want to know what your golfing goals are for 2015. Please vote in the poll and leave your comments as well. If none of the options cover what you want to achieve, let us know what it is.

Hope everyone is well,

Nick

D

Deleted member 15344

Continue to enjoy playing golf

Don't really set "goals" in terms of results and HC so just to enjoy and play as much as a can

D

Deleted member 18121

I want this to be the year when my handicap reflects my potential - I want to get to 14.

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Handicap reduction is the main aim for me.

I seem to get out of the blocks quickly each season and play well below my handicap, so-so mid season when all the qualifiers are on, then pick up again as the season fizzles out .

Curently playing off 15 but have had a couple of 79's late in season and lots at 81 / 82 on a par 70 so realistically 12 is the new target.

The real aim to turn these into a decent cut.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Other for me, just to stay fit and healthy for the year and play golf with as many different people as possible, will also try and play as many different courses (some through open comps) too :)

No hcap targets etc, golfs been a lot more fun this year with these targets this year so seems to be the right approach for me

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rediscover some of my putting touch! For about 5 years i was averaging about 34/35 putts per round but it was up to 37 this year.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I want to Join a club where I can feel more comfortable and settled and hopefully then Enter more competitions which will mean I will Play more often which in-turn should Improve your handicap as I'll naturally Find more consistency which will hopefully lead me to Win a club competition. If I can't address the first target, then I'll Visit more courses!

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I want to Join a club where I can feel more comfortable and settled and hopefully then Enter more competitions which will mean I will Play more often which in-turn should Improve your handicap as I'll naturally Find more consistency which will hopefully lead me to Win a club competition. If I can't address the first target, then I'll Visit more courses!

Hopefully without falling out with your significant Other.

:whoo:

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a given that I want to improve so hopefully my handicap will fall if I do that.

But I've set myself a slightly different goal for next year..... I want to beat the course record at my home course! Now that seems like a challenge! :D

Davey247

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I want to improve my handicap. This year although I've come down slightly, it could have improved by a whole lot more if I wasn't out for 7 weeks injured mid-summer.

Target next year - 9/10. I know have the game to get there, just need to have a more disciplined short game practice and not to be hungover on so many Sundays....

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Hopefully without falling out with your significant Other.

:whoo:

My other half is very supportive of my golfing endeavours to be fair Karen, I often take her & Max away to meets and make a weekend of it rather than gallivanting off on my own all the time, its the 19th hole I need to get better with locally!

It's a given that I want to improve so hopefully my handicap will fall if I do that.

But I've set myself a slightly different goal for next year..... I want to beat the course record at my home course! Now that seems like a challenge! :D

Good luck with that, I wouldn't bet against you achieving it now you've declared it, I see you as someone very determined to do well if you set yourself a goal.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Single figures is my goal for next year.

Is there a poll? Thread type says its a poll but I'm on mobile version of the new forum and can't see the poll.

the smiling assassin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ah!!!, that should be easy enough :D

Might be wrong, but I'm fairly sure the current lothians champ (our club champ also) knocked it round in 59 there during a comp over the summer - good shooting!

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good luck with that, I wouldn't bet against you achieving it now you've declared it, I see you as someone very determined to do well if you set yourself a goal.

I think it's what you might call a "stretch" objective. But I did have a 67 and a 69 this year so it's not out of the question...