What are your biggest etiquette irritations?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Playing partners walking in front of me when I am about to hit into the green.

Oh, I will just nip past, and get out of your way.

Just when I am about to pull the trigger.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Simply players who are totally oblivious to others on the course or simply do not care about others.

Example on Monday our 11th green is close to the path leading to the 5th tee, we were on the green. Group came up the path clank clank clank, natter natter natter, shout as well. They get to the 5th tee also close to the green and start to tee off. Just about about to putt and shout of "where did that go from one" " you hit the tree from another".

Rarely do I loose my cool but a big shout from me can "we have some quiet please" yet despite that one of them to tees off with another one of our group putting.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Moaning.

Moaning about the game. Moaning about the pace of play. Moaning about the course. About the greenkeepers. About the weather. About other members. About life. Moaning. Moaning. Moaning. Moaning about everything.

Maybe get another hobby and let us happier folk enjoy what little time we have.

Boomy

Visit site
A lack of patience. Those that hit balls up to you even though you can’t go anywhere because you’re keeping pace with the group in front. Players rushing around the course.. trying to get round in 2hours so they can gloat how fast they are and moan about others taking 3.5 hours... Maybe take up power walking or some form of athletics. I’m there to enjoy the game, try to score well, enjoy the scenery and fresh air whilst keeping things moving at a steady, sensible pace.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People talking when you are trying to hit a shot. Players who are not aware of what’s going on around them.