What are you drinking tonight?

RichA

Visit site
Today rather than tonight...
Read an article on BBC News yesterday about putting a tiny pinch of salt in tea. A tea obsessed American professor figured out that salt blocks the taste receptors for the bitter flavour elements so you really notice the sweeter flavours. I've just tried it with a cup of Yorkshire Gold expecting it to be 🐂💩. Damn - she's right!

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
Read an article on BBC News yesterday about putting a tiny pinch of salt in tea. A tea obsessed American professor figured out that salt blocks the taste receptors for the bitter flavour elements so you really notice the sweeter flavours. I've just tried it with a cup of Yorkshire Gold expecting it to be 🐂💩. Damn - she's right!

It’s the same theory as to why salted caramel tastes so good for so many people.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

On the subject of Yorkshire Tea, I just found out Taylor's do a Toast and Jam flavoured tea. Sounds bizarre but will need to give it a try.

As for tonight, I'll be opening a bottle of Tamnavulin to go with my Haggis, Neeps and Tatties.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A bit early but a glass of Cabelleros. It seems to be a liquor brandy. Not a high alcohol content but very smooth.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A couple Of cheap local beers in Hotel in Lanzarote.
But Ave just bought two bottles of rum cask Grants whisky for the pit golf day next month as prizes. €7 each 😳
Two bottles of sherry cask Grants at €7.50 each.
Spirits are ridiculously cheap out here.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
But Ave just bought two bottles of rum cask Grants whisky for the pit golf day next month as prizes. €7 each 😳
Grants is cheap for a reason 🤣🤣
Still goes down the same way though 😀

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Where are you in Lanzarote Tash?