What are you drinking tonight?

RichA

Visit site
Dad won a hamper in a raffle at his care home a few days ago.
He only drinks the odd beer when we're out for a meal, so he has given me the bottle of booze that was in amongst the chocolate.
So tonight, just for laughs, and for the first time since I was a kid in the early eighties, I am drinking Croft Original pale cream sherry. 🤣🤣🤣
It's not bad.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
He only drinks the odd beer when we're out for a meal, so he has given me the bottle of booze that was in amongst the chocolate.
So tonight, just for laughs, and for the first time since I was a kid in the early eighties, I am drinking Croft Original pale cream sherry. 🤣🤣🤣
It's not bad.
I never knock Sherry. Few years back a group of us went to Montecastillo just outside Jerez for a weekend’s golf.

We went to one of the local Sherry makers for a tour. One of the best hours I have spent getting ratted.
Every drop was amazingly tasty.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It's not bad.

The only time I have ever drunk sherry was at police training college over thirty years ago.

We were learning the law relating to drink driving and had progressed to doing a practical exercise, all done safely in a mock up street at the training centre, and muggins here had to act as the stooge. In short, I was to play a driver stopped by the police, and the officers in my class all had to illustrate both their knowledge of police powers, and also that they could actually use a breathalyser.

One of our trainers took me to one side and said “Look, son, this needs to be realistic. You need to stink of booze to give the grounds to breathalyse you, and you need to be over the limit.”

He then handed me a bottle of cheap supermarket sherry and told me to get swigging. Half a bottle later I had failed every breath test conducted and felt as sick as a dog.

Never touched the stuff since.

Last edited:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife currently drinking a Martini Espresso. Tastes like cold coffee and is just wrong. I’m on the Banks beer. Probably back on the Mount Gay tonight after a couple of rum punches. Paracetamol on standby for the morning. 🤢