What are you concentrating on over winter?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anything in particular you are focusing on, just playing for a bit of fun, or putting the clubs away altogether?
Me, I'm working on ironing out a couple of swing faults picked up on in another thread by a couple of our resident people who know. Handicap has completely stalled this season (injuries not helping) but I feel getting these issues sorted, and doing some short game work, will get my handicap going the right way again. Under 14 is next years target, so plenty of range work and a few fun rounds to try and put it into practice are what my winter holds.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had a couple of lessons, almost focused on short game, pretty much back to basics.

Thinking about how I approach the shot, being able to visualise it better. Probably the most important part is gradually hitting better short shots that I can remember, and feel positive about the shot I face, rather than feeling total dread as I walk up to them.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Long game technique

working on a shorter but wider swing and firing/rotating the hips better on the downswing rather than sliding

Made some encouraging progress so far resulting in a (needed) higher flight and a bit of distance gain (welcome side benefit)

Also ongoing work to groove my putting stroke which I try to do a few times every week all year round

Always nice to have something productive to practice

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Health & Fitness, don’t have time now to go into detail as my ruby has arrived and I’ve sunk a gallon already and got a couple more lined up 😜🍺🍺🍽

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't think you can Improve Rod:rofl:
I’m working hard....grinding if you like. Might document it on a YouTube channel? I’m having lessons from Smiffy, who is a top 25 wind up coach, recommended by ‘wind up monthly’. I’m gonna plow my own furrow, I know that I will get there despite the fact I’m crippled and bat shot crazy :eek:

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trying to change my high right power slice and block into a fish like baby draw. Me thinks I have 2 hopes. If greens were across 2 fairways right of the tee I could get to scratch

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I’m working hard....grinding if you like. Might document it on a YouTube channel? I’m having lessons from Smiffy, who is a top 25 wind up coach, recommended by ‘wind up monthly’. I’m gonna plow my own furrow, I know that I will get there despite the fact I’m crippled and bat shot crazy :eek:

With a permanently dried up green sharpie 🤣

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Winning money. £50 over last few weeks.

Trouble is it goes in to the pro shop account and there is nothing that I really need or want that I can get in our proshop. Wish I had saved it all up in the past few years then my new set of irons would have all come from my winnings instead of having a bagful of wedges sat in the bedroom.