What about golf societies/matches

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
DHSC- If you live in England, from today you must not meet socially in groups of more than 6 people, inside or outside

Does playing in 4 balls and sitting at tables in groups of 4 exceed this ruling?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
No, because you’re not socially mixing in a group of more than six. Providing societies are very strict about it - drawing tee times in advance of the day, for example - then I would suggest this remains within the rules.

Clubs, organisers and players all have a part to play. Our club have been very strict - no more than four to a table and no moving of furniture - since reopening. If that sort of approach continues then I see no reason why the so-called rule of six should be an issue.

Billysboots

Visit site
My understanding is each group of 6 must be from two households. Therefore four people from four different households can play golf, but can't meet in the clubhouse???

And how do you expect golf clubs to combat that? It’s an impossible ask.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My understanding is each group of 6 must be from two households. Therefore four people from four different households can play golf, but can't meet in the clubhouse???
Just noting that that is for Scotland but not England. In England the 6 individuals can come from 6 households.

Billysboots

Visit site
Sorry, I clearly misunderstood your comment when you said four people from four different households couldn’t meet in the clubhouse. I’m even more confused when your suggestion to accommodate those people is by having three tables of two people, as that amounts to six.

Think I’d better go for a lie down.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Simply think about H4H next week. Very simply laid out. We have a society in tonight. Sitting in tables of four and all good. All wearing masks to move around the clubhouse including ordering at the bar (as per our latest guidance) and of course bringing in some needed revenue

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Organised sporting team events are excluded. It was all there in the announcements. Hence why Sunday League footy is still going ahead and so on. I would count club v club golf matches in that.